Chapter 32

Wyatt's POV

I had to get out of there.

I thought I smelled the faint sweet blood but I figured I was just getting hungry.

As soon as Zoey came down the stairs, I realized that if I didn't get out as soon as possible, her sweet smell would give me blood lust and I'd do something I'd really never forgive myself for.

The smell of booze and sweat cover the scent of Zoey's blood. Even though this bar is full of lonely people, I'm still the one picked first out of the crowd.

"Can I buy you a drink?" A woman asks from behind me.

The woman is older, supporting a few wrinkles. But she is dashing nonetheless, she aged well.

"No, thank you though." I smile, trying to seem friendly.

"Got a girl on your mind?" She asks, sitting in the seat next to me.

Like you wouldn't believe.

"It's that obvious?" I chuckle.

Her head bobs up and down, "tell me about her," she says as she waves down the bartender, "two Rust Nail's, please." She winks over at me, buying my drink anyways.

"I haven't heard of anyone ordering that since ni- well, since my grandfather," I catch myself, "it's a pretty bold drink."

Her lips curl, "I like the bolder drinks."

Before I continue my conversation with her, my phone dings.

Nik: We've decided to bring Zoey to a witch. Since Dahlia isn't answering, we think that Dybbuk Box killed her, I'm going to go out to find a witch while Jett stays with the girls.

I knew I wasn't being a pussy that day. Damn demon box.

"So," the woman trails, "tell me about this girl."

I smile just thinking about her. What can I say? She's everything I've ever wanted.

I nod as I take the drink into my hand, silently thanking her for it.

"She's light. Her smile could brighten anyone's mood, her bubbly personality brings the lightest energy, her eyes are comparable to the bluest parts of the ocean, I love how her hand feels in mine, how she looks at me as if she trusts me with her life..."

I don't deserve that trust, not yet. Poor doll is bleeding and I can't be there to comfort her as she's in pain.

"She sounds like quite the catch," the woman smiles, "how does the dynamic work?" She asks as she sips her drink.

"Dynamic?" I repeat with wide eyes, not understanding what she means.

"Yes, the three," she looks around, lowering her voice, "vampires with one human girl."

I choke on the drink, coughing up the alcohol stuck in my windpipe.

"Who-"

"I'm sorry, I just never seen something like this before. I was intrigued when I came in here and saw you." She cuts me off, handing me a napkin to wipe the substance off my shirt.

"I can't smell anything supernatural on you." I say lowly.

"I cloak myself from others with a spell. I don't want the wrong people seeking me out and using my abilities by force."

A witch.

"I'm Wyatt, and you?" I hold out my hand for her to shake.

"I'm Brina, it's nice to meet you, Wyatt." She takes my hand in hers with a firm shake.