Chapter 60

Zoey's POV

A few days have passed since I've woken up.

I used to love boring days of staying home, watching TV, doing a whole lot of nothing all day. But I've grown tired of having nothing to do. I'm so bored!

All we've been doing is sitting around, studying more ways to get this evil out of me just in case it once again didn't work.

Maybe it actually worked this time. I mean... I feel very human.

The book I'm holding hits the ground with a thud as I toss it to the floor, "I'm so tired of this," I complain. I need to move around, get some fresh air.

"I told you all she was going to get stir crazy. Another day inside this house and she might just burn it down." Brina chortles.

"Yes." I state plainly. I'm not above burning this place down to the ground if that means I can go outside.

"Please don't, I enjoy my bed." Jett follows my movements, sliding his book onto the floor.

"No promises." I whisper under my breath.

"We have to stay put." Nik says, half focused on us and more focused on whatever book he's studying in. I don't even want to read anymore, not even a title.

"Why?" I groan out, feeling sickened by the thought of at least being in this dang library.

Wyatt sighs, "you want to make sure the Vurthron is gone, don't you, doll?"

My shoulders touch my ears, "I think it's gone. I feel like it's gone."

It has to be gone.

"I agree with Zoey," Brina yawns, "we need to get out of here, just for a little while."

Yes, yes, yes! My inner voice yells, happy someone agrees with me.

"Please. I haven't been out in months. Not since...Poppy." A gloom of sadness washes over me, having flashbacks of the day she was taken from me. It was just a simple trip to the mall, it was supposed to be a fun day.

I've gotten better, it just sometimes comes back in waves. The sea can be calm and relaxing, but out of nowhere, a monstrous wave comes crashing down. Sometimes I only drown for a moment but other times I don't come up for hours. At least it's not a constant anymore.

Nik huffs and closes his book, "very well then."

I jump off the floor and clap my hands, "I'm so excited!"

"Let's go to an arcade bar. They have all sorts of games and more importantly, alcohol." Brina gleams.

Hopping off my foot following up the stairs, I make it to my bedroom to get ready. I'm happy I showered before bed last night so the process of putting myself together will be quicker.

Strutting out of my reindeer pajamas, I realize that we didn't even celebrate Christmas this year. Poppy's death made us forget about all the holidays, we didn't even countdown to the new year.

The wind still knocks you on your butt with how cold it is, so I tug on darkwashed flare legged jeans, a black tank top, and a cute dark brown jacket, a gold necklace,and my air force ones.

My makeup is just a tad bit of blue eyeshadow and gloss. I don't care much about the makeup since so much effort went into my outfit.

After confirming in my body mirror that I look cute, I follow one foot after the other down the stairs to meet everyone else.