Chapter 23

Nikolaus' POV

Whizzing past traffic, surpassing the speed limit, running stop signs and red lights.

I just need to get to her.

"Did she seem hurt?" Wyatt asks from the back seat.

"She sounded a little shaken up, but I don't know."

As I drive, I think about what I'll do to the person, or people, who put Zoey in harms way. I will make them suffer, plucking out their teeth one by one, ripping their fingers off their hands...so many evil thoughts.

The hospital comes into view, making me park the car crookedly, taking up more than just one spot.

All three of us run into the hospital using our human speed to not seem suspicious.

"We're looking for someone, her first name is Zoey." I tell the receptionist.

"Okay, last name?" She begins typing on her computer with her obnoxiously long nails. She clicks and clacks on the keyboard, adding to my already steaming anger.

I turn to Jett and Wyatt, hoping one of them will know her last name.

How could I have never asked her last fucking name? It's basic information.

Jett shrugs as Wyatt sighs, telling me that they're just as lost as I am.

"If you don't know her last name then I'm afraid there is nothing I can do for you. You're welcome to have a seat in the waiting room." Her hand wafts towards the seats behind us.

Usually, I wouldn't take no for an answer and just push past the doors. But I don't want to cause a scene here.

When we sit at the chairs, Jett fidgets with the chain on his jeans.

"Nik." Her voice sounds from behind us.

We all look up to see a frazzled Zoey, standing in the hallway with a small plastic cup of water in her hand.

"Hey, love." I stand and wrap her in my arms.

My heart calms as her heartbeat soothes out into a musical rhythm.

"You're okay?" Wyatt checks out every ounce of visible skin.

She giggles, "yes, luckily. Poppy has a third degree burn on her foot. She's getting it all fixed up then we can go home."

Wyatt sighs in relief.

Doors burst open with a couple that has been in an obvious accident. Blood is pouring from their faces.

Immediately, I look to Wyatt. His eyes are already changing, which only tells me that I need to get him the fuck out of dodge.

"Jett, stay with her. I got to get Wyatt out of here before he does something stupid."

Jett nods, already knowing.

I grab Wyatt's shoulders and push him towards the hospital doors. He resists me, pulling back with a quiet growl.

"If you lash out in front of Zoey," I whisper, making sure nobody can hear but him, Jett, and me, "I'll fuck you up. Now move your fucking feet and I'll get you some food."

I watch him advert his eyes from the bloodied couple and walk towards the door as I follow close behind just in case he decides to fuck up and change his mind. Having a feeding frenzy in front of all these people and Zoey, would not be a good idea. Not now, not ever.