CHAPTER 2 - FORGER ANYA

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - TWILIGHT/FORGER LOID

I was waiting outside the house that we might buy for Agent Midnight, or should I say, my daughter, (F/N). 

"Agent Twilight." She called out. I looked at her and smiled. 

"You can call me 'Dad', (F/N). We have to play the part of a family now." She smiled at me. "Alright." She nodded.

"Anyways, I saw this house on sale so let's go in and take a look, shall we?" I smiled. She nodded as we started to walk into the building.

We both met up with the landowner and got a tour of the house. 

"This is one of our many single family apartments. It's got central heating and air conditioning, it's also... Excuse me, sir? Miss?" He squeaked.

Me and (F/N) started to look around the space for any listening bugs and possible escape routes. "We'll take it." I smiled and I saw (F/N) smile too. 

-She's good at acting too.- I was impressed as she is pretty young for a spy and is a good one at that.

"Then I'll need you to sign this, right here, Forger-san." The man said. I took the clipboard and signed what was needed. 

"What a wonderful start your family will have. How old is your daughter if I may ask? I have 2 boys myself; one is 8 and the other 10." I smiled.

"Well, my daughter here is 13 and I don't know about the other." I answered. "Ah! Huh?" Once the landlord left, me and (F/N) started to unpack. 

"It's a really nice place, dad." Midnight commented. "You think so?" I asked. "No listening bugs and an easy escape route. It's perfect." She explained.

"Alright! Now, we need to get you a sibling." I said. "That's right." She nodded.

"Come on, let's go." I ushered Midnight out the house. We both left the house and to an orphanage.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

The father-daughter duo arrived at an orphanage. "Is there any particular child you want, dad?" The male looked at his daughter. 

"A child that is over 6 and can read and write. It's for our benefit as those are the expectations to enter Eden Academy." He answered.

"I see." They both knocked on the door and the door was then opened by a drunk man. "Yea? You wanna foster?" The man asked.

"I do and I heard I can adopt here too? You see, me and my wife are having trouble carrying another child after my daughter here..." Loid was cut off.

"Ya, whatever. Just take one." The man said. "Uh..." The blonde man was confused. "Come on in." 

Loid and (F/N) walked through the halls as kids looked at them in curiosity. 

(F/N) looked at the kids in pity. She understood how it feels to have to parent to love them.

"Oh, I want a kid that can read and write if possible." Loid requested. "Oh? In that case, Anya! Come here!" The man yelled.

A young girl with bright green eyes and pink hair started to walk to where the new visitors were. 

"She's the smartest one here. She doesn't say much but she's... a good kid. Greet the visitors, Anya!"He introduced the girl.

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

I looked at the little girl. She was adorable I admit. -I would like her as my sister!- 

What I didn't know was that the little girl in front of me could read minds.