CHAPTER 21 - WHATEVER IT TAKES

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - TWILIGHT/FORGER LOID

Me, (F/N), and a bunch of agents had our guns out, ready to attack anyone in the storage garage that Kris told us. 

Once we opened it, it was empty, with just a few things left behind. 

"Tsk. It's abandoned." I tsked. We all looked at what was left behind with caution, seeing if there was anything useful.

(F/N) walked out a few moments before coming back. "Knowles Keith." She said. "Huh?" We all looked at her.

"A white van was rented under this name that is connected to this unit." She explained. "Ah. I see." 

I called the Handler to tell her what we found. "Hello, Twilight? Both of the hideouts were abandoned. Any luck?" She asked.

"Yes actually. A white van registered under the name Knowles Keith is connected to this unit." I said. (F/N) nodded. 

"Good work. We'll track them down. Oh and we found a source on the dogs. The name might ring a bell. 'Project Apple'. It was research started by Ostiania to produce intelligent animals for the military." I was surprised. 

"I remember. It was doing well at a fast rate but got shut down by the new administration. I heard they weren't near their goal though." I said.

I continue to listen attentively. "That's correct. But it seems like the dogs were being sold on the black market." Handler said. "And that's how the terrorists got them?" I asked.

"Likely. They might be failed attempts but they could still be highly trained or have enhanced intelligence. We don't know what they are capable of so be careful." She said.

We all started to pack up and hit the road. 

As we were in the car, we got a call saying that terrorists were on route so we had to block and stop them. 

"Here." I watched (F/N) point her finger at some random location. 

"Since the terrorists are heading that way, all we need to do is get there fast and block the way." She explained. "Alright."

And like she said, we were able to get there early and block the road with our cars. 

We all had our guns drawn and once the van was visible, (F/N) popped the tires, making the vehicle slow down.

We were able to capture the people inside the van and get them tied up and thrown in a random empty room.

We all waited for Handler and tried to get some info out of them but they wouldn't speak. 

"SPILL IT! WHERE IS KEITH AND WHERE WERE YOU GONNA PLANT THE BOMBS!?" An agent grabbed one of the men by the collar. 

"Same answer to both, eat shit. Go get it from the doggy park, pig." The man said.

I watched them. "All you Western swines will get what y'all deserve. Exactly what you deserve." The terrorist said.

"You little..." The spy was cut off. "Let's leave the barking to the dogs, it's so noisy." 

I looked back when I heard the Handler's heels. She stopped right in front of them. "Now, what exactly do you want?" She asked.

The students started to yell. "War! We want war to put the East on top and West off..." Handler cut them off. "Agent Midnight." She called out.

I watched the said girl walk up to the student that was rambling and sent a straight kick to his face without any hesitation. 

"Have any of you killed someone before?" Handler asked. "Of course not, you bitch!" The student answered.

Surprisingly, Handler was not mad. "Have you ever had your limbs torn off by a weapon? Heard bones shatter? The smell of rotting flesh?" She asked.

"What are you going on with!?" They yelled.

"Have you ever seen the bodies of your loved ones in a pile of rubble that used to be your home? Discover a blown up part of your lover on the wall?" Handler asked again.

Her questions really hit hard as I looked at her. 

"Ever been so hungry you tried to eat tree bark? Have you ever stewed human flesh? Ever thought of your enemy as subhumans to slaughter them? 

Ever been filled with shame and regret that you cried until you puked? Seeing your loved ones take their own lives? Did you learn nothing about war in university?" She asked.

I watched as Handler held her hand open and (F/N) passed her gun to her. 

-They just do the smallest thing and they both understand each other.- 

I sweatdropped. She pointed the gun at the man which was when they started to spill the information we needed. We all hit back onto the road. 

"We need teams at each potential location. Twilight, Midnight, I want the both of you at position B1, as that place has a higher chance of getting striked. Stop them, do whatever it takes." Handler said.

"I will. I feel the same way as you. I am done with war." said. I just felt (F/N) nodded right beside me.

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

Once we arrived at the location, we all carefully looked at our surroundings. "Guess this dump is B1." I muttered. We all entered the building and up the stairs. 

"It's the northernmost room on the 2nd floor." Dad said. "Hurry, we don't have much time." I said.

As we turned the corner, we saw a door with drawings and words written in blood? -No, there was no metallic smell.-

I didn't listen to what dad and the other agents were talking about as I looked around the door and the hallway. 

I looked back to see dad holding the older man's hand as he reached out to touch the door handle. 

"This feels wrong. That message could be a warning. I want to be sure." I said as pointed at the small window.

"I can fit my upper body in and check." I continued. I lifted the flap and stuck my upper body right in and looked around the room. 

"There's a bomb." I said. "A trap. I knew it." Dad muttered. "It would explode if we were to open the door." I said.

"Oh! So that's not an eggplant but a bomb." "He must have known we were coming?" The spies talked. I got out.

"Then who left the warning?" We asked. I looked at dad. "That looks like what Anya-chan would do." I said in a joking manner as I watched dad crack a smile. 

"Either way, no time to look into it. State security has caught on now. Let's head out and let them handle the bomb." Dad said. I watched as dad looked out the window.

We all started to get back to the car. "I guess we have to give up on finding Keith. We can't search the areas with SSS around." He said.

"Let's go to where Minister Brantz is staying. Now that Keith's plans are in pieces, he might go for a direct attack." Dad said.

Since I was technically a kid, I had to stay back at headquarters.