CHAPTER 57 - OMG (BY NEWJEANS)

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - FORGER LOID

"Oh my God. Don't remind me, dad." When I heard her voice, I let go of (F/N)'s hand and sprung up from my chair. 

Looking at her, my blue eyes clashed with her (E/C) eyes. I felt tears swelling up in my eyes.

I hugged her, careful of her wounds. "(F/N), please tell me I'm not hallucinating." I whispered.

I felt her fragile arms wrap around me. 

"You're not, dad." She replied. Backing off, I just stared at her. "How long was I out?" She asked.

"About 2 almost 3 weeks, kid. Do you want anything? I'll call the nurses?" I asked.

(F/N) nodded her head. "Can I get some water?" She asked. I smiled and patted her head. "Of course." 

Clicking the button to call for the nurses, once they arrived, they were shocked to see (F/N) awake. 

"Oh! Forger-chan, you're finally awake!" "What a relief." The nurses sighed. My daughter smiled at them.

"How do you feel?" They asked.

"I feel sore but I guess it's reasonable since I've been here for almost 3 weeks. And my throat is dry, can I have some water?" (F/N) asked.

"Of course. A doctor will be here shortly to fully check up on you and then you will be able to be discharged." The nurse said.

(F/N) nodded with a smile. "Thank you." She thanked them.

When the nurses left the room, I watched as (F/N) looked around the room after I texted Yor that she was awake. 

"Woah, what's all of this?" (F/N) asked.

"The classes from Eden came to visit you along with the spies and even Melinda-san." I explained. (F/N) tried to reach out to some which I helped her with.

I watched as she read all the cards given to her and touched the flowers. 

(F/N) even opened all the gifts which were stuffed animals. 

When she opened Melinda-san's gift, our jaws dropped at what she gave (F/N). 

It was a set of diamond jewelry made by Grafff.

"Holy shit..." We muttered. It was diamonds that were (F/C). 

-How much money do the Desmond family have!?- (F/N) opened another box from Melinda-san. 

"This one's from Demetrius." (F/N) said. "Oh? I thought they were all from Melinda-san." I replied.

The (H/C) haired girl pulled out a black Lady Dior bag. She turned to me with a shocked face. "Dad, I've never felt so broke in my life." She said.

I felt my soul leave my body. "You can say that again." I muttered.

After placing her gifts down, the door was kicked open and in came Yor and Anya.

"(F/N)/(F/N)-NEE!" The said girl smiled. "Mom! Anya-chan!" She greeted them.

Taking turns, they carefully hugged (F/N). "I MISSED YOU, (F/N)-NEE!" Anya yelled. 

My eldest smiled softly. "I missed you too. I missed everyone a lot." She replied.

"(F/N), are you ok? You got all of us worried." Yor gently stroked (F/N)'s hair.

The girl nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine now, mom. When the doctor comes in to examine me, it can determine if I'm able to be discharged today." She said.

"That's wonderful news." Yor smiled.

Just then, the nurse came in and handed (F/N) her water before leaving.

"What happened when I was comatose?" I explained everything to her. 

"Well, a bunch of people visited you. Desmond and his apprentices were sentenced to prison. 

Though, Melinda-san kept the media quiet about her husband's imprisonment since she didn't want her sons to be hated." I explained.

(F/N) nodded. "Alright, that makes sense. How did the Desmonds react when the target was sentenced to prison?" She asked.

"They were sad of course but were relieved from the pressure he placed on them." I said.

"Poor Damian-kun. All he wanted was his father's recognition." (F/N) said.

Afterwards, I quickly looked for my briefcase since I had (F/N)'s gift in there. 

Once I found it, I approached her bed. 

"(F/N), I know your birthday was about 3 weeks ago, I wasn't able to give you your gifts." I said.

"GIFTS!?" "I FORGOT TO GET (F/N) A GIFT!" Yor and Anya yelled. The said girl just laughed.

"It's fine, mom, Anya-chan. Being here for me is all I need." (F/N) said.

I opened the briefcase and placed it gently on (F/N)'s lap and gave her a pen. 

"Take a look. Happy belated birthday, my daughter." I said.

I carried Anya as I stood right beside Yor as we watched (F/N) pick up the pieces of paper in my briefcase. 

We watched as she read through the paper before dropping it and turning to me with tears in her eyes.

"A-are you joking?" She stuttered. I smiled. 

"Once you sign that paper, Agent number 99 Midnight will be retired. It would now be your past life." I said.

(F/N) signed the paper with a smile on her face. "You really asked Sherwood-san and she agreed?" She asked.

"Of course. She was your 1st mother, remember? She cares deeply for you." I said.

(F/N) nodded and wiped her tears. She grabbed the other paper and read it. 

"Dad... Mom... Anya-chan..." The waterworks came rushing down her face. 

We all approached (F/N) and hugged her. "You were the only one that was not fully tied down to this family." I said.

We all listened as she sobbed and once we backed out from the hug, (F/N) signed the adoption paper. 

"Welcome officially to the family!" Yor, Anya, and I shouted. "Thank you!" (F/N) had the brightest smile on her face.

Just then, the doctor came into the room and started to do his check up on (F/N). 

"Well, you're healthy enough to get discharged. Forger-san, please follow me to sign her discharge papers." The doctor said. I nodded and stood up.

"Yor, can you stay here and help (F/N) pack up all these?" I asked.

I motioned to all the gifts, cards, and flowers. "Of course." She nodded. "Thank you." 

I quickly pecked Yor's head. "You too, Anya. Help out." I said. And with that, I left the room to sign (F/N)'s papers.

After tidying up the room, I wheeled (F/N) out of the hospital with Yor carrying Anya and the 'decorations' by my side. 

When we made it to the car, I popped the trunk for Yor and carefully placed (F/N) in the back seat. 

Anya sat right beside (F/N) and started to talk to her.

On the drive home, all I could hear was laughter which I was now used to. 

It definitely sounds better than the hospital room with (F/N) heartbeats on the machine being the only sound I hear. 

Glancing around the car, I felt a smile slowly making its way up on my face.

"You know, I just had a thought. How do we break it to Uncle Yuri that mom is a retired assassin, dad and I are retired spies; let alone Twilight and Midnight, and that Anya-chan is a telepath?" (F/N) asked.

The car was silent. -And here I thought the trouble was over.- "Oh well." We all said.