CHAPTER 26 - FROST FIONA

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

Today, I had a mission to go to so I left early in the morning not before leaving a note behind to tell mom and dad. 

Once I finished my mission, as I was walking home, I found that I had a red stain on my coat that was really visible so I went to the tailor where I got my uniform to get it cleaned up.

Once I entered the store, the bell rang. The lady at the desk turned to me. 

"Ah! (F/N)-chan! It's been awhile! How can I help you?" The lady asked.

"It sure has. I was wondering if you can clean this blood stain. I had a nose bleed on the way home from the library and now it's stained. I don't want to worry my mom and dad about it." 

I showed her the coat in my hands. "Oh, sweetie. Of course I can! Just leave it here and you can come pick it up later today." She said. I dug inside my pocket for some change. 

"How much would that be?" I asked. "Oh, honey! Don't worry about it. Your family is a regular." She said.

I grin. "Thank you! I'll come back with some treats!" I replied. "Why not?"

After I left, I was now able to head home. Once I opened the door, I shouted. "I'm home!" I called out. "Welcome home, (F/N)/(F/N)-san/(F/N)-nee!" 

I looked up after placing my shoes on the shoe rack and clashed eyes with Agent Nightfall. 

We stared at each other. -Still emotionless as always.- "And this is?" I asked.

"Frost Fiona. I work with your father at the hospital." She introduced herself. I smiled and curtsey. 

"Forger (F/N). Nice to meet you, Frost-san." I nodded. "Fiona is fine, (F/N)-chan." She said. "Well then." Mom smiled at me. 

"Why don't I make us some coffee and hot cocoa." Mom said. "Of course. Thank you, mom." I thanked her. "Uhm, Anya-san?" Mom called out.

I looked at the said girl to see that she was looking at Fiona with a deadpan face.

 As we all sat down, dad and Fiona were talking but she was tapping the couch to talk to me. 

'It's been awhile, Midnight. Still working as an agent?' I tapped back. 'Of course. It's my duty and all.' I looked Fiona right in the eyes. Fiona continued to tap. 

'You know, you seem softer now. Is it because of playing family? You don't seem as sharp as back then. 

Are you sure you're one of the best spies now? I think I surpassed you now.' I glared at her and tapped back.

'With all the respect, mind your business. And I've been completing my missions the same as years before. Don't want me to do the same thing I did to you years ago, right?' 

I didn't care if dad could understand what was happening between us, Fiona was getting under my skin. (No hate to Fiona tho)

Fiona stopped tapping the couch which means she's done with the convo. I smirked. 1-0.

 Dad looked at me confused but I wasn't really in the mood to explain. 

"Actually, mom. Is it alright if you can bring the hot cocoa to my room? I want to finish this book that I borrowed from the library. It's due tomorrow and I'm almost done." I said.

I stood up and looked at mom who was in the kitchen. She turned around and smiled at me. 

"Of course! I don't mind." Mom replied. "Thank you, mom! You're the best!" I smiled.