CHAPTER 35 - VACATION

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

"Wait, you're telling me mom's going on a cruise ship for work and Anya-chan was able to win a raffle to go on the same cruise ship that mom is going on?" I asked.

I watched as everyone nodded. "Sadly, the raffle only covers 2 people." Dad sighed.

"Wait here." I ran into my room and looked through my backpack filled with work to do over the midterm break. 

Once I found what I was looking for, I ran back out into the living room. 

"I got a ticket to go to the resort island that the cruise is going to be stopping at!" I said.

Everyone smiled in delight. "So you can also come along, (F/N)-nee!?" Anya-chna yelled. I looked over the ticket. 

"We'll meet on the same day but you guys will be out at sea for 3 days before returning. 

I'll be there from morning to night. I'm going on a different boat." I explained. "Awww. I wanted you to come along!" She whined.

I patted Anya-chan's head. "At least we will be at the resort together, right?" I said.

"It's such a shame you won't be on the same cruise as us, (F/N)-san." Mom said. I smiled. 

"It's alright. Either way, my teacher gave me a lot of work to deal with over the break. I'll finish it before going to the resort." I said.

-Also finish some missions.- "I see." Dad patted my head. 

"Be careful when home alone." He said. I nodded. "Always. Either way, I'm old enough!" I smiled. "That's right." 

I helped the rest of the family pack their bags for their trip.

When it was time for them to leave, I watched as they all took a seat on the train.

I waved at them with a big smile on my face. "I'll see you soon!" I yelled.

"BYE, (F/N)-NEE!" "Bye, (F/N)-san!" "Be safe, (F/N)! We'll see you soon!" They bid me goodbye.

Mom, dad, and Anya-chan waved at me with a big smile as well.

Once the train left, I headed home to finish the work I had to finish. 

Bond walked into my room and curled up right beside my leg. 

"I have a few missions to complete after this. I heard you helped out during dad's mission so would you like to join me?" I asked.

I peeled my eyes off from the paper and patted Bond's head.

"Borf!" I smiled. "Alright. Give me a few minutes. I'm almost done." I said.

After I completed the work and placed them back into my backpack, I changed into presentable clothes. 

I wore the black cargos that Demetrius-kun had gotten me with a dark blue crop long sleeve with a black vest (or something you would like).

I wore my shoes and placed Bond on his leash. "Come on, Bond. Let's go." I ushered him.

I grabbed my bag and locked the door. As we walked down to the main floor, I greeted the neighbors. 

The 2 of us walked to HQ when I met up with Sherwood-san. "Midnight. I see you have brought Bond." She said.

The said dog barked with delight. 

"I heard that he helped Twilight with his mission and I wanted to test it out myself." I explained.

"Alright. I hope you do know we are piling Twilight's missions on top of yours." She said.