CHAPTER 12 - FIRST DAY

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - DESMOND DEMETRIUS

We have been doing this every year for the new imperial scholars, a school tour and rules we have to follow. 

I looked at everything uninterested since I already know everything that is needed and so did my classmates, besides the 2 newbies. 

Talking about them, I looked back at them to take a closer look.

One of them is a boy with maroon/red hair and eyes. He is a little bit on the shorter side though. 

-Akashi Seijuro. The Akashi Family are acquaintances with us.- I looked at the girl next to him. 

She was a girl of average height with big round (E/C) eyes and (H/L) (H/C) hair. She had a natural blush on her face which made her stand out.

-I don't know who she is. Though...- I saw her smile at Akashi-kun as she looked around the hallway. 

-I kinda want to know more about her.- She then looked straight ahead and her eyes clashed with mine. 

She sent me a kind smile which I just nodded to before looking back.

"This is the dining hall. Here, we have high class chefs prepare meals of your choice. You imperial scholars have your own chefs and dining hall beyond those doors." The teacher said.

"Hey, Demetrius."  I looked at my friend, Weber Lukas. 

"Heard your brother is now a student here. You think he would become an imperial scholar?" He asked. "Of course. He's a good kid through and through." I said.

-He wants to be one, he told me. He wants dad's recognition.- 

"This is your homeroom classroom from now on. I'll be assigning your seats." Mr. Tobias said.

I didn't really care who I would be sitting beside. 

I just hope it's not some of the girls that fangirl over me, which is kinda impossible since most of them have taken an interest in me.

"Desmond-kun and Forger-chan. Center row and in the middle of the class." He said.

I looked at her to see if she was going to react weirdly but she didn't. She just went to her seat and sat down. 

I followed and sat right beside her. "Forger (F/N). Pleased to be your acquaintance." She said. I looked at her to see her looking at me with a kind smile.

"Desmond Demetrius. The pleasure is mine." We looked to the front at the teacher. 

"Now that you know the ropes of Eden and rules of being an imperial scholar and your seating, we will now return to the hall to take a group picture." The teacher said.

We all got up and followed the teacher out. Once we arrived at the hall, we all dispersed to find our family.

I knew that dad and mom were not going to be here so I went around and looked for Damian. As I walked past everyone, they all looked at me and whispered. 

"Look at him." "That's the eldest son of the Desmond Family." "Woah..." Everyone whispered.

I hated attention or being labeled as the 'Eldest son of the Desmond Family'.

I also hated the high expectations my parents set for me as their eldest son. All their attention goes to me that it gets overwhelming. 

All their attention always makes Damian feel ignored which makes me feel guilty. 

Sometimes, I'll be able to play with him if I have no extra activities.

Just then, I walked past Forger-chan. She was with her family and smiling all happy and carefree with them. -I want a family like hers.- 

I continued to look for Damian when an educator had told me that he was in the infirmary as someone punched him in the face. 

"Desmond-kun is in the infirmary if you are looking for him. He was punched in the face by a classmate." The man said. "WHAT!?"

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

I walked to mom and dad. "Mom, dad!" I called out to them. They looked at me and smiled. 

"How was it, (F/N)?" Dad asked. "It was nice. I so far like being here." I said. "That's good." Mom smiled.

"You should have seen how Loid was acting when both you and Anya had to leave." She continued. 

"Oh?" I tilted my head. "Anyways, where is Anya?" Dad asked. "A moment, Forgers." It was Master Herderson.

We ended up in the hallway where Anya-chan was sitting. "You punched a kid?" Dad asked. All the color drained out of my face, along with dad. 

"The rule on physical assaults is that the perpetrator will receive 3 tonitrus bolts. In my power, she will receive one. Though, I will have to tell his family." Her teacher said.

-Out of all the kids, it has to be the 2nd son of the Desmond family. 

If Desmond-kun hears this and knows that it's my sister, I think I'm dead. I think mom's training from yesterday got to her muscle memory.- 

We then went outside for a group photo. "Alright! Here we go! Can I see a smile at the family on the right end of the first row?" The photographer asked.

The family on the right end of the first row was us. "CHEESE!" The next day, I woke up and helped dad with breakfast. "Good morning..." Mom yawned. 

"Good morning, Yor. We made breakfast. Is Anya not up?" Dad asked. I looked at the hallway to see her peeping out. I felt bad for her.

"Come on out. I'm not mad. You need to hurry and eat or else you will be late." Dad said.

We all sat down to eat breakfast. "I'm sorry I'm bad at school." Anya-chan said. "No... It was my fault." Mom said.

Mom and Anya-chan started to sulk. I finished up and washed my plate. "I plan on heading to the bookstore to buy some books before school so I'll be walking." I said.

-I want to see if I have any missions today.- Dad looked at me. "Alright. Please be careful, alright? Text me when you arrive at school." He said.

I nodded as I went into my room to change. Once I got ready, I put on my shoes. "I'll be going now!" I yelled. "Be safe!" Dad yelled back. 

"Alright! I'll see you at school, Anya-chan!" I smiled at my little sister.

I headed to the bookstore that was also an informant for spies. I saw no sticker on the building so I quickly entered and bought a book and started to head to school. 

Once I arrived, I texted dad then saw that Anya-chan had also arrived and she was talking to her friend. "Anya-chan!" I called out.

The 2 girls looked at me and then Anya-chan smiled. "(F/N)-nee!" She ran and hugged me. 

"You do good in school, alright? Make sure to say sorry to Damian-kun." I said to her. "Okie dokie." 

I smiled and patted her head. I looked at Anya-chan's friend to see that she was looking at me with stars in her eyes.

"A-are you Anya-chan's big sister!?" She yelled. I smiled. "I am. You can call me '(F/N)-nee' too." I said.

 "Alright, (F/N)-nee! I am Blackbell Becky!" She introduced herself.

-I know. You are also business partners with the Desmonds.- 

"Nice to meet you, Becky-chan. Well, I have to head to class now. I'll see you girls around." I started to walk to my class.

"Anya-chan! Your big sister is so cool!" Becky-chan said. "I know!" I smiled as I turned the corner. As I was walking, I saw Seijuro-kun. 

"Seijuro-kun! Good morning." I smiled. He looked at me and smiled. "Good morning to you too, (F/N)-chan." He said.

We both started to walk together while talking to class.

Once we entered the class, about half of them were here as there was still about 10 minutes left until class starts. We both then sat down at our seats. 

"Good morning, Forger-chan." I looked over at Desmond-kun. "Good morning to you too, Desmond-kun." I answered.

"Is it alright if we have a chat before lunch?" He asked. -Shit.-