CHAPTER 33 - DESMOND MELINDA

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

(F/N) was woken up by the sound of someone knocking on the door. "Young mistress?" A voice called out.

"Ah! Yes, please come on in." (F/N) answered.

It was Nola, a servant that is serving under Desmond Melinda. 

"I'm sorry to disturb your sleep, young mistress." The woman apologized.

(F/N) smiled as she sat up on the bed and fixed herself up. 

"It's alright. What can I do for you?" She asked. "The headmistress was wondering if you would care to join her for today?" Nola asked.

That shocked (F/N) but she found it a nice opportunity to get to the target's wife since there was not a lot of info about her.

"I don't mind." The young girl smiled. "Wonderful. I'll be waiting near the front door for you." 

(F/N) smiled. "Alright. Thank you." She said. Once the servant left, (F/N) started to get herself cleaned up to look presentable.

She saw that she packed a yellow undress and decided to wear it. She also wore a white sweater over it. (or anything you would like)

With a pair of white sneakers, she was now out the room and headed towards the front door. 

"You really do look like a doll. Just like how the headmistress had said." Nola smiled.

The younger female smiled shyly. "Thank you." Nola led the way and in a few minutes, they arrived at Melinda's residence.

Nola and (F/N) stood in front of the doors that (F/N) believes to be the dining room. "Ma'am, your guest is here." She said. "Please let her in, Nola!" The woman yelled.

The said lady looked at the female. "Please enjoy your stay here." Nola said.

"Thank you." (F/N) curtseyed before entering past the doors.

"Good morning, Melinda-san." The younger female curtseyed again. 

"My, my. You look beautiful, (F/N)-chan." Melinda said. The said girl looked at the older female.

"You don't look bad yourself." She said. "Oh please. With 2 sons, I feel old." The lady commented.

"Don't say that, Melinda-san. You don't look a year past 30." (F/N) said. "Such a charmer. Please, have a seat. Let's have breakfast together."

When the 2 females sat down, they started to eat their breakfast.

"I had asked Demetrius if I could spend your last day here together and he was reluctant. He cares a lot about you, (F/N)-chan." The said girl slightly blushed and looked to the side.

Melinda, seeing her reaction, giggled. "Is that so?" She asked.

"You know, ever since you entered Eden, his mood seems to be more positive. I noticed every time he comes home from school on the weekends." Melinda said.

"Wow. I never knew I had such an effect on him." (F/N) smiled.

The older female placed her utensils down and made eye contact with the younger one. "He was always closed off, just like that man." Melinda started.

(F/N) noticed how the lady became tense. "In the Desmond family, we have something called the hands-off parenting philosophy we follow." She continued.

(F/N) paid close attention to the woman's words.

"We believe it makes the boys independent and strong people. But I know and I see the effects of not having a parent doting them. 

Sometimes, I just want to hug and show how much I care for the boys." Melinda felt emotional.