CHAPTER 43 - MCMAHON MATTHEW

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

After departing from mom, I started to wander around by myself, remembering the layout of the building and any possible escape room.

I also started to try and build up a cover story if anything were to go south. 

I kindly greeted everyone and made small talk with them.

"Oh, you must be Yor-san's daughter. Such a beauty!" "My, such a kind child! It's nice to know that some kids these days are still caring!" 

"Here, take some treats!" Everyone swooned over me.

I smiled and thanked everyone and was on my way. My main goal was bumping into the target, McMahon Matthew.

I started to keep close contact with Sherwood-san and dad, keeping them updated and prepared to bring any back up from me. 

When I was typing away, I bumped into someone and fell down. 

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention!" I apologized and looked up at the person I bumped into.

"Ah, don't worry. I'm also at fault. I wasn't paying attention as well." The man apologized as well. -Found the target.- 

The man lent me a hand and pulled me up. 

Despite being on the shorter side and old, he was skilled and strong, according to the papers. 

I curtseyed. "Thank you, sir. My name is Forger (F/N), nice to meet you, uhm..." I stopped.

The man smiled at me. "Ah, you are Yor-san's daughter I was hearing about." The man said. I smiled sheepishly. 

"McMahon Matthew. The pleasure is mine. Say, why are you by yourself?" He asked.

"Mom is busy working and I don't want to disrupt her so I decided to walk around." I explained.

"Ah, I see. Why don't I accompany you?" He asked.

I started to lay out my plan. "Ah! But aren't you also busy, McMahon-san!? I can't possibly bother you." I said.

"Don't worry, I just finished my work and was going around the building. I shall accompany you then." The man said. "T-then, if you don't mind."

We both started to walk around, I listened as the man started to talk about work and mom.

"Yor-san is a very hard working woman here. She's always worrying about your family." I smiled softly. 

"That's nice to know. Mom is a very hard worker, even at home." I said.

After walking for about 1 and a half hours, McMahon-san led us to his office when he brought out some tea and sweets. 

He even took out some board games and cards.

I eyed the things in front of me. -He obviously doesn't know how I am so I don't need to worry about anything.- 

I looked around the room as well. Out of all the rooms, I could tell that this one is soundproof. 

A painting in the room was slightly tilted which I think has something behind it, like a safe or a lever that opens a secret room in here.

"So, McMahon-san, do you have a wife? Kids?" I asked. "I did, I lost them though." He said. I fake a look of pity. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't..." I was cut off.

"It's alright. It happened a few years ago, I'm over it already." The man said.

"Do you have any hobbies? Anything you do on the side?" I asked. The man started to think. -Working for Garden.-