CHAPTER 49 - WORKING TOGETHER

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Yor, Loid, and (F/N) stared each other down in shock. "W-what are you doing here!?" Yor asked. "We can ask the same question!" The spies asked.

It took 10 minutes for the 3 to calm down and start to explain why they were there.

 "W-wait, so Loid-san, (F/N)-san, you're Twilight and Midnight?" Yor asked.

The spies nodded hesitantly. "And you're the Thorn Princess. Yor?" Loid asked. The female looked to the side. "Yeah." 

Awkward silence washed upon the 3. "But, why are you here, mom?" (F/N) asked.

"I-I was assigned to assassinate both of you... So I can end my career and live only as Forger Yor..." She said.

(F/N) looked at Loid. "We were also meant to find and kill you as well but..." (F/N) placed a hand on Loid's shoulder. 

"We can't kill you, you're too important in our lives to just kill off." (F/N) said.

Yor had tears in her eyes. "I-I can't kill you as well, Loid-san, (F/N)-san!" Yor shouted.

Side eyeing her father as a signal, Loid walked over to Yor and wiped her tears.

"I'll leave the 2 of you for a moment. I'll be in the car waiting." (F/N) said as she winked at Loid. The man just blushed at the gesture. 

Walking out the abandoned building, she stopped her colleagues from entering. 

"Don't enter yet. Twilight is dealing with something." (F/N) told the group. "Alright, if you say so." They nodded.

With Loid, he and Yor stared at each other in the eyes. Yor noticed how Loid's gaze lowered to her lips. 

In her head, Yor's mind was starting to blank and dizzy and her face was getting hot. 

On the other hand, Loid was hesitant but still shot his shot. 

Placing his hands on her cheeks, he looked her in the eyes.

"May I?" He asked. Not being able to use words, Yor just nodded and closed her eyes.

Closing the gap, their lips touched. The kiss was gentle and delicate. 

Yor placed her hands on Loid's shoulders while the said man closed his eyes. Once out of breath, the 2 parted lips. 

"Shall we start this relationship from the start? I'll prove to you that this marriage will not be forged anymore." Loid said.

Yor, smiled up at the man with a blush on her cheeks. 

"Of course. I'll try my best." Yor nodded. Loid smiled and opened his hand for Yor to grab. 

"Come on, let's get going." Taking each other's hands, the 2 walked out the building to see other WISE agents waiting to enter the abandoned building.

"You may go inside and clean up now." Loid said. "Alright, sir!" 

Walking away, the clean-up crew couldn't help to look at how close one of the top spies in the country was being close with someone else. 

The new couple disregarded the stares as Loid brought Yor to the door.

(F/N) leaned against the car, scrolling on her phone when she heard footsteps approaching. 

"Finally. You took your time." She said.

Loid and Yor smiled at the girl. "My bad. Now, let's head back home." Loid said.

"Actually, can we stop by Garden? I want to tell my boss everything." Yor asked.