CHAPTER 48 - TRUTH REVEALED

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

At the dead of night, both dad and I left the house and headed straight to our destination for a mission. 

Staring at the worn down abandoned building in front of us, I took out my silent pistol on my waistband. 

"You ready?" I nodded to dad. "Alright then." He said. Slowly and silently, we advanced towards the building.

The reason why we were on this mission was because this building is home to scientists that are working closely with the Desmond's to create the bomb. 

They also played an important role in Project Apple where Bond came from. -We're in for a nice treat tonight.-

After checking for any traps near the door, dad and I entered the buildings. 

-God damn is it huge on the inside.- I scanned my surroundings. 

-There's 2 floors in this building.- I noted. "Twilight, you take the right. I take left. We'll meet back here before going upstairs." I said.

"Got it. Please be careful." He said. "Yeah, you too." I nodded.

Yeah, I know. That's pretty dumb to just part ways but it would be efficient to find the scientists.

There were a lot of rooms, carefully opening the door, I checked out every single room. 

In the space, there were a lot of experimental beds with drawers holding syringes, desks, some toys, and books.

The room was dusty and run down, with paint chipping off the walls. -Disgusting.-

Entering another room, it stored a lot of paperwork which I cautiously examined. 

The room was like a mini office with a desk, coffee table, cabinet, etc. 

Taking out a file, I examined its contaminants. "Test subject 007?" I read everything on the papers. 

"A telepath?" -That's cool but the way they experimented on this poor child is cruel.-

When a picture fell out, I bent down to pick it up. Flipping it over, I was shocked to see who it was. 

"A-anya-chan?" I whispered in disbelief. -No way...- 

Thinking about the girl at home, I finally added 2 and 2 together. 

-No wonder she was never adopted for a long time... And when I thought she was reading my mind at times.-

Pity washed over me. "Such a poor childhood she had to go through." I sighed.

Continuing to look through the paperwork, I found nothing useful. 

I looked at the desk this time, checking if there was anything important. 

My eyes landed on a baby picture on the desk. Looking closer at it, I noticed something.

A baby girl with (H/C) coloured hair, (E/C) eyes... "Is that me?" I asked myself.

Picking up the photo in the frame, I looked at it. I turned it around to see if there was anything on the back. 

"Born on (Y/B/D). My beautiful baby girl, (R/F/N) (random female name). So sad I have to leave you." I was so shocked that I dropped the frame.

I didn't care if I heard footsteps heading my way. I continued to stand there. 

"Midnight!? What happened!?" I heard Twilight but I didn't turn around.