CHAPTER 56 - COMATOSE

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Everyone was gathered in the waiting room, waiting to hear any update about (F/N). 

Yor and Anya sat beside Loid who had his head down. 

The spies in the room stood against the wall solemnly. Yuri was also there despite how busy he was.

Once Yor called him, hearing her sob out that her daughter was in the hospital, he rushed to hospital as well. 

Yuri sat beside Yor and tried to comfort her as well. 

Anya saw how worried Demetrius was and invited him to sit beside her.

Sitting down, the boy glanced at his girlfriend's family and saw how they were also on the edge just like him. 

Just then, the sign above the emergency room was turned off. 

Everyone gathered around the door of the OR just when the doctor walked out.

"Well, it seems like Forger (F/N) has a really big family." The doctor tried to ease the tension in the air but it didn't work. 

"Well, then. The operation was..... A success. 

Due to the amount of blood she lost along with her stress levels, it's not clear when she would wake up which means she will be comatose for the time being." The doctor said.

Everyone was relieved that the surgery was a success but was upset that she was comatose. 

All they could do was nod and thank the doctor for all their help. 

Just then, the nurses wheeled her out of the OR so everyone got a glance of (F/N).

She was in a hospital gown and was still sickly pale. 

"She will be placed in a room in the ICU for you all to visit." The man said.

Loid, Yor, Anya, and Yuri were present in the room as every spy took turns to come and visit (F/N). 

When the strawberry blonde woman came in, she grabbed (F/N)'s cold hand.

"You should have listened to me." The lady muttered before she stood up and said her condolences to the family. 

Loid looked up at his handler and saw her empty eyes. 

Despite this day being the day WISE should be celebrating, they were grieving.

Demetrius was the last one to visit (F/N) for the night. 

When he entered, he fell to his knees right beside (F/N)'s bed and sobbed. 

(F/N)'s family saw how vulnerable the boy was. "I'm so sorry, baby. You don't understand." He said.

Loid stood up and rubbed Demetrius' back. Yor, Anya, and Yuri also came over to comfort the poor boy. 

"Loid-san, Yor-san, Anya-chan... I'm so sorry." Demetrius apologized.

"It's not your fault, Demetrius-kun. Don't beat yourself up." Yor said.

"(F/N) would not be happy if you keep blaming yourself." Loid said.

After a while, the boy calmed down. 

"I'll call you a cab to get home. Your mother and brother must be worried." The blonde male said.

"It's alright, Loid-san. I can do it. I wish you and your family all the best." Demetrius replied.

 With a bow, Demetrius left. "(F/N)-chan's boyfriend?" Yuri asked. Yor nodded at her brother. "Yeah."

Loid forced Anya, Yor, and Yuri to go home while he stayed by (F/N)'s side.