(Wakanda arc) Part 1

Y/n is seen sitting on a grey couch looking around the room, the room itself was a bit barebone, couple of pieces of furniture placed around the room, and an open white curtain able to see the city's scenery.

The only underlining feature that makes the room more lively is the mural painted behind Y/n, a mural of a green forest.

Y/n's attention was taken back when a woman begins to flip across her notepad, once she settled on a page, she pulls out her pen along with a recording device and pressed record before placing it on the coffee table next to a glass of liquor.

???: "Now, please state your name and age, please?"

Y/n eyes the recorder on the table before looking back at the woman. 

???: "This is only for psychiatric evaluation once we're done"

Y/n then eyes the woman a bit longer before sighing.

Y/n: "My name is Y/n L/n, I'm 16 as of now. I will turn 17 in a month, but I guess you can't put 'almost 17' in your little notepad now can you?"

The woman then raised an eyebrow, intrigued, and began writing something on her notepad before placing the pen down and facing Y/n. 

???: "I suppose I should introduce myself as well, seeing as it's only fair. My name is Dr. Christine Taylor, I'm a former therapist for the military and now I'm here to help you"

Y/n: "Man, how did Aunt May get to pay you?"

Christine: "I have a knack for tougher cases"

Y/n then slowly reaches for the glass of liquor only for his hand to be swatted by Christine's notepad. Y/n immediately retracts his hand as Christine clicks her pen and wrote something else on her notepad before pulling out a file.  

Christine: "Your case also intrigues me. Born from two reformed HYDRA scientists that lost their lives at the hands of the Winter Soldier. Lived for 15 years alone before moving into the Parker residence"

Y/n: "What can I say? My life's full of surprises"

Christine: "Yes...Mr. L/n, do you know WHY you are here?"

Y/n: "It's because of my Night Terrors, right?"

Christine: "Do you at least know the root cause of how your Night Terrors came to be? Or when you first started experiencing these Night Terrors?"

Y/n: "If I had to guess...It was when I found out that the Winter Soldier was still alive"

Christine: "Hmm...Interesting"

Christine then jotted it down on her notepad. 

Christine: "And, what feelings had grown within you since you found out about the person responsible for your parent's passing?"

Y/n: "Resentment. Hatred. Anger"

Christine: "And about the person responsible, did he ever get caught?"

Y/n: *sigh* "Sadly...no. Even right as he was in my grasp, he manages to slip away"

Christine: "Oh? And why is that?"

Y/n: "Because...I think it's because I chose to think about other's well-being instead of my own"

Christine: "I see..."

Christine then wrote on her notepad one more time as Y/n begins to drone on. 

Y/n: "I mean, part of me wishes I didn't look back and just chased after the bastard. I don't know, it just didn't sit well with me I guess"