(Training and Tinkering arc) Part 10

It was the following day. Phin could be standing in the same abandoned room with the Nuform remaining attached to the machine as it powers up. 

Walking up to the machine, Phin runs her hand across the machine before landing on an award that is placed beside it. 

SPACEBOUND

Young Researchers Award

Phin Mason

Miles Morales

Phin picks up the award, reminiscing simpler times. Before her incident with Roxxon.

???: "Come on, Molases!"

Phin turns around to the door leading to the room, revealing a younger version of Phin as she pulls a younger Miles into the room.

Miles: "Why did you bring me here?"

Phin: "To see our project, duh!"

Miles: "Says you"

Phin lets go of Miles's arm before running to their invention, with Phin as The Tinkerer nowhere to be seen.

Phin: "Here it is"

Miles: "Still can't believe we won first place"

Phin, out of nowhere, flicked Miles's ear, causing him to recoil in pain.

Miles: "Ow!"

Phin: "Believing it now?"

Miles continues to nurse his ear as they continue to admire their invention.

Rick: "Hey!"

Phin and Miles turned around to see Rick with his arms open with a wide smile.

Phin: "Rick? How did you get here?"

Rick: "I got a pass to the elevator. How did you two get in?"

Miles: "Snuck past the lady in the lobby"

Phin: "We're like, super pro at that"

Rick: *scoff* "I'd bet. So what are we doing standing around here? Let's go see your invention"

Miles: "Well, we kinda already saw it so-"

Rick: "But you hadn't seen it with me, so come on!"

Wrapping his arms around Phin and Miles, Rick dragged the two to their invention as the proud smirk remained on his lips.

Rick: "Oh! I got an idea"

Rick reached into his pocket and took his phone out. 

Rick: "Huddle up, we need to take a picture"

Phin: "You gotta be in it too! You helped us get it working"

Rick: *smirk* "OK OK, fine. Scoot over"

Wrapping his arm around Miles, Rick puts his phone into selfie mode and holds the camera up in the air.