(TVA arc) Part 6

With our main mode of escape bursts into flames, Loki and Sylvie found themselves sitting on a rock once again as the world around them continues to fall into chaos..

Y/n: "This is gonna be great..."

Loki sat across from Sylvie with a solemn look on his face as he stares into her eyes.

Loki: "I'm sorry..."

Sylvie watched the falling meteors in the night sky, watching as it crashes into civilization, all while having a blank stare, looking to be processing the situation we find ourselves in.

Sylvie: "...I remember Asgard. Not much, but I remember. My home, my people, my life"

Loki sat straight, immediately being invested into Sylvie's tale.

Sylvie: "The universe wants to break free, so it manifests chaos. Like me being born the Goddess of Mischief. And as soon as that created a big enough detour from the Sacred Timeline, the TVA showed up, erased my reality, and took me prisoner"

Sylvie: "I was just a child...I escaped. Stole a TemPad and I ran for a long, long time, which really sucked. Everywhere and every-when I went, it caused a nexus event. Sent up a smoke flare. Because I'm not supposed to exist"

Sylvie: "Until, eventually, I figured out where to hide. And so that's where I grew up, the ends of a thousand worlds. And now...this is where I'll die"

Loki then looks to Sylivie's view, catching the sight of a meteor shower as several fires illuminate the otherwise dark planet.

(~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~)

Y/n: *whisper-yell* "Not now, Spidey sense! It's getting good"

Sylvie: "Not long now...Do you think that what makes a Loki a Loki is the fact that we're destined to lose?"

Loki: "No..."

Sylvie then looks away from the falling meteors and Lookis into Loki's eyes.

Loki: "We may lose. Sometimes painfully. But we don't die. We survive. I mean, you did. You were just a child when the TVA took you, but you nearly took down the organization that claims to govern the order of time. You did it on your own. You ran rings around them. You're amazing!"

Sylvie then reaches for Loki's hand and holds it tenderly.

(~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~)

In the distance we see a meteor explode into a large column of fire, prompting me to pull out my Tempad.

Y/n: "Okay, time to go!"

I maneuver through the HUD before activating a door to the TVA, causing a widened shock to come out of Sylvie and Loki.

Sylvie: "You had a Tempad this whole time!!?"

Y/n: "Yeah"

Loki: "Well why didn't you say anything?"

Y/n: "You never asked me"

Sylvie then stood up from the rock, unknowingly pulling Loki up with her.

Sylvie: "Come on!"

Y/n: "I need to remind you though, this will lead us straight into the TVA. Who knows what's waiting for us on the other side"

Sylvie and Loki looked amongst each other, seemingly weighing their options.

Loki: "Well you did say you want to go back to the TVA"

Sylvie: "Then there's no turning back"

I then stepped aside. Allowing the two to step through the Time door first.