(Wakanda arc) Part 8

Shuri and Ramonda are seen wrapped in blankets, serving as a disguise, as they sit on a log surrounded by a thicket of trees. 

Grief-stricken, Ramonda holds onto her daughter tightly as Shuri looks at the bonfire with a hopeful look.

Ramonda: "First it was your Baba, and now your brother. Shuri, we...we didn't even get to bury him" 

Shuri: "Everything is gonna be alright, mother"

Ramonda: "How? How are you so sure despite all that has happened!?"

Shuri: "Because Y/n is with T'Challa, I know he'll find a way to save him"

Ramonda looks at her daughter in disbelief, causing Shuri to look at her mother with her eyes still beaming with hope.

Ramonda: "You put that much faith in the outsider"

Shuri: "He's not an outsider, Mama! He...He's every bit Wakandan as the rest of us. I don't know why I feel this way, it's just...something about him that always gives people hope. And I think...I think I want to stick to this feeling because I know he'll deliver through his unspoken promise, he always does"

The women then hear a rustle in the trees, Ramonda moves to protect Shuri, holding one of Nakia's ring blades as Nakia and Ross emerge from the foliage.

Nakia: "It's me"

Ramonda: *eyes Ross* "Nakia. Who is this man?"

Nakia: "He's a friend of T'Challa's he saved my life" 

Ramonda studies Ross then looks to Nakia.

Ramonda: "Where is Okoye?" 

Nakia: "Okoye is not corning . She and the Dora Milaje will serve the new King" 

Nakia then turns to the dense forest surrounding them.

Nakia: "Wait here" 

Nakia turns and heads into an even thicker batch of foliage.

Shuri: "Wait!"

Shuri pulled Nakia back, right as she was about to disappear into the forest. 

Shuri: "Did you bring what I asked?"

Nakia ponders before quickly going to her pockets and pull out...

A necklace resembling a spider

Shuri: "Thank you"

Nakia: "What is that?"

Shuri: "...Hope"

Nakia then left the conversation as is and goes to the dense forest.

Ramonda: "What has happened to our Wakanda?"

Dropping from a hidden passageway, Nakia lands in the City of the dead where she saw emerging from the sands after going through the process of being Black Panther. 

Shaman: "Breathe, My King. Breathe!"

Gasping for air, Killmonger locked eyes with the shaman as he slowly regains his breathing. After regaining his composure, Killmonger and the Shaman walked deeper into the temple with Nakia.

She slowly follows after the two, sticking to the shadows as they enter another room. Waiting a few seconds before moving up, Nakia waits for someone to exit before walking into the room. 

Inside were several herbs in a shape of a heart sprawled across the room, giving it an Indigo hue to go along the lit torches. 

Killmonger: "The Heart Shaped Herb did that?
The shaman nods.