(Wakanda arc) Finale

It's been a few days after the defeat of Killmonger, Wakanda begins to rebuild itself and T'Challa has been appointed as The King of Wakanda once again.

We see our hero, walking out of the dense forest and into the camp of the Mining Tribe as displayed by the red tarps amongst the tents. Y/n wore his casual clothes, Jacket, T-shirt, and some pants along with the necklace that Shuri had given him.

Speaking of Shuri, she is seen by the pond next to the tribe camp as a few of the children from the Mining tribe runs up to her.

Shuri: "Are you playing with that man again?"

Mining tribe child: "No!"

Shuri giggles at the kid's antics before hearing Y/n's footsteps from behind her. She turns around which prompts the kids to do so as well before shouting in glee. The kids ran up to the approaching Y/n and were instantly met with hugs.

Y/n picks up the children with ease and spun them around playfully before stopping to face Shuri.

Y/n places the kids down before standing beside Shuri.

Shuri: "Looks like you do well with kids"

Y/n: *scoff* "I could say the same to you"

The two chuckle before staring across the pond, watching the sun on the horizon. Giving them a sense of warmth.

Y/n: *lifts necklace* "I've uh...been meaning to give this back to you, just haven't got the chance to see you since you know"

Shuri: "Keep it, I made it for you after all"

Shuri carefully pulls Y/n's hand off the necklace, leading him to sigh.

Y/n: "Fine...Just don't expect me to use it regularly, the last thing I need is a crutch"

Shuri: "Are you calling a suit made entirely of Vibranium, a crutch?"

Y/n: "For me, yeah. When you have my skills, an armor that's impervious to everything is the last thing you want"

Shuri; *rolls eyes* "You are unbearably arrogant"

Y/n: "Arrogant or Confident?"

Shuri playfully punches Y/n's arm before the two share a chuckle right after. Soon the laughter dies down as Y/n's expression turns from playful to serious.

Y/n: "So why'd you call me out here?"

Shuri: "My brother asked me to give something to you. Something that you deserve just as much as he does"

Y/n: "And what's that?"

Shuri: "Closure"

Y/n: *raised brow* "What's that supposed to mean?"

Shuri then leaves the confused Y/n despite the numerous calls for her to come back.

He then hears a different set of footsteps coming from behind him. Turning around, Y/n's confusion turns to shock when he saw who was standing before him.

Bucky Barnes

Y/n: "You..."

Bucky: "Hey..."

Bucky walk to the pond and stood beside Y/n.

Bucky: "Well...This is awkward"

Y/n: "You're telling me. Standing in front of a pond next to my parent's killer? There's an irony there somewhere"

Bucky was dejected at the mention of Y/n's parents, causing Bucky to be instantly guilt stricken.

To say the tension between the two was intense was an understatement, it had come to the point that the whole tribe presiding in the camp looks to the two with bated breath, wondering what would transpire between the two.