(Wakanda arc) Part 4

After the ritual combat ceremony, Y/n was seen back in Shuri's lab. He had discarded his upper garment and went to the station that Shuri had lent him. 

He booted up his system and goes through his file, showing a digitalized blueprint for D.A.R.C's body. 

Shuri: *distant* "So how was the ceremony?"

Shuri was far away from Y/n's station so Y/n didn't bother turning around to talk to Shuri.

Y/n: "Apart from the itchy material, it was fun. Wish I could bring some popcorn"

Shuri: *distant* "It is against tradition to bring food to any royal gathering"

Y/n: "Funny, I thought YOU were the last person I would hear talking about tradition"

Y/n begins to modify his blueprint, toning down the body's physique, and slimming it down to make the blueprint more feminine. 

Shuri: "Just because I prefer to spend my time with technology, does not mean I do not care about tradition"

Y/n begins to pick up laboring groans coming from behind him as well as Shuri's voice growing louder. 

Shuri: "What do you think?"

Y/n looks behind him, expecting to find Shuri, only to find the other researchers in the lab navigating their way through the lab. 

Y/n: "What do I think about what, exactly?"

Shuri: "Up here!"

Y/n looks up as per Shuri's statement, and Shuri surprised Y/n with her new invention as demonstrated by standing upside-down from the ceiling. 

Shuri: "So...? Pretty cool, huh?"

Y/n: "Wow...What is it?"

Shuri: "It's a special adhesive lined boots. Now I could walk on walls and ceilings just like you"

Y/n: Hmm, that's cool and all but..."

Y/n then jumps to the ceiling and sticks onto it with Shuri. 

Y/n: "Me sticking to walls is sorta like a 'Me' thing. No tech"

Shuri: "Fascinating"

Shuri then grabs Y/n's foot out of nowhere causing him to almost slip and fall. 

Shuri: "How do you manage to achieve this?"

Y/n: *yanks foot away* "Beats me. One night I was laying in bed with a terrible headache, next thing I knew I was sleeping on my ceiling"

Shuri: "Interesting..."

A researcher then walks over to them. 

Researcher: "Your highness, King T'Challa will be here shortly"

Shuri: "Thank you"

The Researcher then curtsied before walking off. 

Shuri: "It will take time for me to take off the boots and get down, do you mind showing my brother around for a bit?"

Y/n: "Or you can turn the boots off and then you can go change"

Y/n drops and then awaits Shuri with open arms. Shuri looked nervous as she gave Y/n a questioning look.

Shuri: "Umm...are you sure about this?"

Y/n: "Come on, this isn't the first time I've caught someone from falling. *mutter* Although most of them were falling to their deaths so..."

Shuri: "Alright, I'm coming down!"

Shuri then deactivates her boots and instantly begins to fall. Y/n effortlessly caught Shuri and did a small spin to ride out the momentum before coming to a stop and placing Shuri on her feet.