(Training and Tinkering arc) Part 8

Phin presses record on her phone before aiming the camera at Rick as they looked to be standing inside the reactor silo of the lab. 

Rick: "Ok. Core dump is a two-person job. You start the override here, I confirm it there. Step 1 from wiping Nuform out of existence"

Phin: "Any regret, destroying the thing you made?"

Rick coughs violently before dismissing the question. 

Rick: "You seen what happened to me lately, right?"

Rick then takes off his glasses before going over to the override console. 

Rick: "Let's make the world safer"

As Rick goes to set up on his end, Phin props her phone on the console in front of her, making sure to put both her and her brother in the frame, before working on the console.

Phin: "Ready?"

Rick: "Ready"

Phin: "Triggering override in 3...2..."

But before Phin could trigger the command, a force field was activated around the silo. Trapping Rick inside. 

Rick: *concered* "Phin...?"

Phin: "That's not me!"

Phin begins to scour her console in an effort to try and disable the force field, only for a voice to boom in from a speaker from Rick's console.

???: "Industrial sabotage, Rick, really?"

The console then opened up a video feed to see that they have been caught by none other than, SImon Krieger.

Ignoring the transmission, Rick tries to regain control of the system along with Phin whilst Simon talks in the background. 

Simon's voice: "No one's gonna care about a few sick people Uptown...or a dead engineer"

Krieger then remotely opens the reactor silo, exposing Rick to the reactor as it slowly begins to overload.

Simon's voice: "You're just the cost of doing business"

The transmission then ends, leaving Rick to perish as Phin could do nothing but watch.

Phin: "No!"

Forming a plan, Rick abandons the terminal before going to the reactor itself and begins detatching the heavy cables attached to the reactor. 

Phin: "Rick!"

Rick: "I can stop this!"

Rick manages to detatch one of the cables, but with the several more still attached and the reactor nearing overload. It was already a losing battle.

Desperate, Phin grabs a monitor beside her phone and proceeds to slam it against the force fields in hopes of having an effect. 

Phin: "Rick!"

Rick: "Phin!! Don't look!!!!"

As Phin bangs against the force fields, the reactor lets out a large explosion of energy from the core. Taking Rick out as the force fields managed to contain the energy inside. However, the energy resulting from the explosion leaks out, knocking Phin away along with her phone, getting hit by the fan beneath the silo as the camera begins to glitch out. 

Simon's voice: *distorted* "There's someone else down there. Find them, and kill them"

Miles: "Oh my-...Rick, he-he's dead"

After watching the video, Miles was left stunned as he tries to process the video played in the phone whilst Y/n steps away before looking back up to the spinning propellers.