Chapter 4

Aurora

Sorrow.

A feeling of deep distress caused by loss, disappointment, or other misfortune suffered by oneself or others.

The passing of my best friend is something I never got over. Whenever mama or pa said something about it I'd shut down. I never got help, I persuaded mama and pa to think I was okay.

I had my moments when I'd cry myself to sleep, and destroy my room and yell. When I found out I didn't eat for days. No one knew tho, I kept that part to myself. It's been like that the past two years.

I keep to myself on this day, I stay in my room all day and just simply cry. Yes I know it isn't healthy but I need a cry here and there.

I get up and walk to my closet, I grab my backpack that I hid and walk to my bed and sit.

I open my bag and pull out my laptop. I smile and open it 5:17 am. A frown took over my face once the notification of her death came up.

*Flashback*

I roll my eyes at what Diana just said. "Oh come on Rory pleasee." She does her famous puppy eyes. I giggle.

"But what if mama or pa finds out?" She looks at me and smiles. "That's if you tell them." I bite my lip- something I do when I'm nervous. "I-I don't know D."

She grabs my hand and walks me over to my bed and we sit down.

"Please I've always wanted one we can get matching ones." I'll get in trouble. "And no you won't get in trouble if you don't tell them Rory." I frown. Is she telepathic?

"F-fine." I finally agree to what she wants to do. "Yes! I knew you'd come to your senses. Now I have everything in my backpack."

She runs to the window and grabs her backpack and runs back to my bed jumping on it.

I watch as she pulls out her supplies. Once she fixes everything together she turns to me and smiles, I give her a nervous smile.

"Okay think of this as your birthday gift for me." I frown, that's not fair she knows I love giving her birthday presents. "Finee." She hands me my drawing book.

"You draw so beautifully babe. Think you can make a design for us?" She asks, I smile and nod. "Of course."

After thinking of what to draw I've finally decided on what to draw.

I show Diana my drawing and her face lights up. "You're fucking amazing Rory!" I giggle.

"So yes?" I ask.

"Yes, duhh." I hand her my book.
————
"And done." I get up and walk to my mirror looking at my new design below the side of my right boob. I smile.

"It's beautiful D!" I exclaim with a huge smile on my face. "The design is beautiful babe." She comes next to me and looks at hers, which was in the same place as mine but below the side of her left boob.

*End of flashback*

The most rebel thing I've done was get a tattoo, and I don't regret it. It's a memory I will forever hold. I pick up my sweatshirt and stare at the tattoo D had gave me.

She was always into art like me. We both met on online school. Both our moms were best friends and they put us in the same class, from six to sixteen, I miss her so much.

I walk back to bed and lay down, I close my laptop pushing it to the side and cover myself.
————
"Aurora wake up honey, it's twelve in the afternoon." Maria says. I open my eyes then close them shut cause of how bright it is.

"C-can I sleep more.." I ask. "Are you okay honey?" She asks, I frown. "Y-yeah."

She walks to my bed and leans over me to check my forehead with the back of her hand.

"Aren't you hungry sweetie?" I nod my head no. She frowns but nods.

"Come downstairs when you want."

I watch as she walks out the room and I turn over looking out the window. I love you D, forever and always.

*Flashback*

I cross my arms. "What?" Diana asks.

"You ate my last piece of watermelon!" I exclaim, she rolls her eyes. "I'll buy you some more after school,"

"Ooo do we have read-" she cuts me off. "Public school.." I look at her. "W-what.." She walks over to me and sits next to me on my bed.

"My mom and dad thought I should give public school a try.." I look down. "B-but-" she lifts my chin up.

"You'll always be my number one Rory." I smile. "Forever and always?" She smiles. "Forever and always."

*End of flashback*

I wish I could go back in time and talk to her more, hug her more. Tell her life is gonna be okay. If I stayed the night that night maybe she would still be here? Maybe she would've stopped herself and never think about it again.

Suicide isn't something to mess around with. It's serious.

Diana was going through so much pain that she couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't take the hits, or the yells.

I wish she would've told me so I could've helped her, I wish I was more observant. I wish I would've known she would be here today.

I wish she was here today.

—————
I moved in with my grandma :) my mom and siblings moved to Galveston n I didn't wanna go. Took a whole lot of fucking convincing!

So I'm going to the same school as all my cousins 👍 Fucking scared n I start Tuesday I think.

Night fishing is amazing!

Short stop n Sonic are my fav fast food restaurants. 🫶

999 Words.

"Dear self, I know you're doing the best you can

"Dear self, I know you're doing the best you can. I believe in you, I love you." - From Me