Chapter 33

Aurora

They say at the age of 12 you're at your halfway point in our journey of being an adult. I remember mama crying on my twelfth birthday because I was growing up too fast.

I remember Pa telling me I'll always be his little princess. The memories of my parents were always heart warming. They were happy, and fun. I stayed locked up in my house my whole childhood yet I still had fun, and made memories.

Reading was something that took my mind off of the world. While reading you can imagine a whole different reality and push the one you're currently in aside.

When I was 15 I had talked to my mother about going to public school but immediately broke down in tears after because I realized I couldn't start school with out my best friend. It broke my heart just thinking about it.

When I started public school I was nervous but happy because I wouldn't be alone, and I wasn't. I had my family with me every step of the way. They made me strong, and helped me up when I was down. Without them I'd be alone.

They became apart of my heart and I love them.

I open my eyes then shut them once pain shot through body. I groan in pain and keep my eyes closed trying to hold in my tears but it was no use. I use the last strength I have in me and sit up. I grab my phone from my pocket and check the time 11:36pm. My eyes widen, I'm in trouble. I unlock my phone and go to the contacts pressing Andres contact but my phone died.

I drop my phone and start crying, no. No this can't be happening.

After two more hours of trying to get up I finally stand up and walk out of the classroom and out of the school.

I try my hardest to keep walking but I couldn't take it. I couldn't take the pain. I fall to the ground, but quickly get up and start walking again.

You got this Aurora.

I believe the strength I have right now is from Diana. She's helping me get home safe. She knows I need help.

Once I reach my house I walk in through the gates limping up the drive way to the door. Once I get to the door I twist the knob and open the door.

Walking inside I hear yelling, screaming, and crying. I bite my lip nervously.

Did I cause this?

I hang my head down low to hide my face and try to walk normally upstairs to my room.

"Aurora! Do you have any idea how fucking scared we've been?! We couldn't find you!" Pedro yells at me and I flinch back. My head not lifting.

Pedro's never yelled at me. No one has actually I mean like this, angry.

"I-Im sorry.." I whisper out, but that was a mistake.

"Look me in the eyes and speak louder when you speak." I nod my head no, he can't see my face. He'll hate me. He'll throw me out, he can't see me.

I begin walking past him upstairs but someone grabs my wrist tightly and spins me around to them. Judging by there shoes I knew it was Arianna.

"Fucking look at him when he speaks. It's disrespectful to be looking down!" I flinch at her voice and slowly lift my head with tears streaming down my face.

I hear gasps from all of my family members. I immediately back away and try to hide my face but Mom runs up to me with tears in her eyes as she cups my cheeks.

"M-My baby. Are you okay?" She asks while walking me to the kitchen and grabs the first aid kit.

"I-It's just a little scratch im ok-" I loose my balance and fall but Mateo catches me. He picks me up as I start to cry.

"Who the fuck did this!" Rafael asks. I nod my head no, I can't tell. I don't want him to hurt him.

"Tell me now Aurora!" Pedro says.

"H-He'll hurt you like he hurt her." I whisper out but Mateo heard and looked at me.

"Hurt who?" He asks. I look down.

"H-He said he'll hurt y'all the worst." Mateo nods his head as Pedro grabs something from the cabinets. I bite my lip nervously.

Mom comes over to me and holds my hand telling me this would sting, I nod and bite my lip to hold in the pain as she cleans the cuts on my face.

"Aurora please we have to know who did this."

Aurora tell them.

I look at Dad. "His name is Zackary Daryl, son to Zack Daryl," My gaze goes to grandpa as his eyes widen slightly. "The man who killed my sister."

"But he also goes by Ethan Romo." I say looking at Andres who's eyes widened and he drops the ice pack he had in his hand. "WHAT?!" He yells. I look down.

"It's not possible though. How could he have a son? He was locked up!" Grandpa says.

I have no idea how this is possible honestly.

"Y'all talk this out while I take my daughter to our hospital." Mom says as dad picks me up bridal style and runs out the house with me, he places me in a car and starts the car as mom gets in and starts driving off.
————
I never broke my arm when I was little. I was always carful. They say you can break your arm just by jumping off your bed or couch. I was one to play pretend I was a superhero who had the powers of flying. I jumped from the couch to the table.

Once I didn't land on the table and fell to the floor. I didn't break anything but I knew I was close to. I was 7, I kind of wished I did break my arm so I could feel the fresh air outside. I wished to see the beautiful flowers, and see the birds fly around.

It never happened though. My parents made sure to keep me safe and protected. That meant no more play pretend superhero.

I open my eyes but close them again due to the light. I try to open them again adjusting them to the light then I sit up but immediately lay back down once I feel the pain.

I look around and see I'm in a hospital. I look to the left and see my mom crying in my dads arms outside of the room, I frown. She's sad because of me. I hear the door open and I look at the person who walked through it.

Antonio.

He closes the door and walks over to me sitting in a chair next to me and grabs my hand with a sad look.

"You scared me Angel. I thought I lost you." He says. I look down.

"I-Im sorry Ant.." He moves a piece of my hair from my face and plants a kiss on my head.

"Once I found out you don't come home from school I got on my jet and came directly home, I was freaking out Rory. I-I thought I had lost you." I look at him.

"I can't loose you Aurora, I can't." He looks me in the eyes.

"Ant." He nods. "Ant I missed you." He smiles and leans closer to me.

"I missed you way more, mi amor." I look at him with wide eyes. He smiles and places his lips on mine as I kiss him back.

I missed his lips on mine, I missed him so much.

I love him.

Holy cheeseballs I love Antonio Diaz.

I pull away from him with a smile on my face, one on his also.

"I love you Aurora." My heart melted. He loves me.

"I love you Antonio." I say then place my lips right back on his.

Our lips move in sync. He pulls away slowly looking at me in the eyes.

"Aurora Rodriguez will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. I blush and nod my head yes. He laughs and lifts my chin with his thumb and pecks my lips.

"So fucking beautiful I swear." I blush but don't try to hide my face. I want him to know the effect he has on me. I want him to know he's the only man, the only person who makes me feel this way.

He's the only person in my life other then my family that I love.
—————
1445 Words.