Chapter 41

Aurora

The pain I am feeling hurts. It hurts so much. I kept my attention down on Hu as my brothers and dad deal with the man that shot Hu. I remember Hu opening his eyes once more, blood spit out of his mouth as he said those those four words.

The four words I won't ever hear again. His last words ever.

"I-I love you buttercup."

I keep replaying it in my mind. He can't be gone, no I don't believe it. He and I were just talking about our next sleepover with Alex. We were just talking about making a cake for Alex getting a good grade on his test.

I went with my siblings as Diego picked him up. They took him to the hospital, I never left his side. Hoping he'd open his eyes again, or speak again. I heard his heartbeat he's fine. I know he is.

He has to be.

They didn't let me go in the operating room with him. No matter how loud I yelled they pushed me out. I collapsed on the ground until mom wrapped her arms around me and held me. She rubbed my back telling me everything was going to be okay, that he was going to be okay. That it's okay.

I listened. I knew he'd be okay.

I lift my head up from my mom's shoulder and my blurry teary eyes meet with Alex's. I stand up and walk over to him tearing up again. I believe the tears never stopped honestly.

After telling him what had happened my heart broke once again. His face fell, tears flowed down his face as he falls on the ground like I had did. I hug him, I hug him so tight I was afraid he'd vanish. I don't want to loose him too.

We both held each other, tears streaming down our faces, while waiting for the doctor.

I look around the room. Dad was holding mom in his hands as she was crying him his chest. Diego, Pedro, and Carlos were talking amongst eachother. Andres, Mateo, and Marco were sitting down staring off into space. Andres moving his eyes to me and Alex every once and a while..scared.

Gabriel walked into the room Hu went into and haven't came out. I was nervous, scared. He has to be okay.

"Andrà tutto bene sorellina" Diego said from where he's at. I give him a tight lipped smile on return before placing my head back on Alex's chest.

I lift my gaze up and see Ant walk into the room. I wipe my tears as his eyes goes to me. His eyes showed me his emotions and he looked hurt, almost broken?

"Ant's here, I'll be right back" I whisper. He nods and lets me go as I get up and walk over to Ant who had wrapped his arms around me.

He rubs my back whispering to me. Telling me everything is going to be alright, that Hu is strong. He'll make it out. I believed him, cause it's true. Hi will make it out. I believe he will.

I turn a little and see the boys looking at us but my eyes catch the attention of Alex and Andres. Andres was known as a hugger. But he only hugs our family, his words. He never hugged anyone else but us..my eyes widen in shock.

Alex went on a date with Andres!

They're together!
————
"Family for Hu Li?" Alex and I immediately stand up walking to the doctors as dad does too. Might as well say everyone else.

"Please tell me he's okay." I immediately say, begging him to say he's okay.

"C-Can I talk to his guardian first?" The doctor said. My heart broke. D-Does that mean?..

"I'm right here sir. I'm Howie. His older brother, he's staying with me." Howie says. I bite my lip nervously as Howie signals Alex and I to come with him.

I walk with him to the doctor. Standing away from everyone the doctor hands Howie a paper.

"Hu has suffered from a bullet to the heart." I look at him and nod.

"When y'all brought him in he was already dead. Pronounce dead at 8:17 pm." My heart broke even more. No, no. He can't be g-

"But as we brought him in the room his monitor started beeping, we got a pulse. He's in critical condition due to the amount of blood he's lost. But he's going to make it out alive."

My eyes widen after hearing this. I turn to Alex and hug him with tears in my eyes. I don't know what would happen if I lost Hu, if we lost Hu.

I turn back to the doctor. "W-when can we see him?" I ask, he directs his attention to me with a smile.

"In a few hours, he still needs some rest." I nod and turn around hugging Alex once more.

He's okay.

He's okay.

I still have my best friend. I still have both of my best friends.
————
I could not let her loose another person she loves ;)

860 Words.