Chapter 21

Aurora

I have distanced myself from Mateo. I wasn't scared of him I was sad, no mad. He hurt my friends as if it was nothing. Not even a single apology was said.

I ignore him at home and school. I feel bad, I hate not talking to him. I hate ignoring people because it makes people sad and It's heartbreaking seeing people sad.

"Rora you okay?" Alex asks. I turn to him and nod but frown once I see his face. He notices my face and smiles.

"I'm fine Aurora I promise." I look at him.

"You sure? Your face is still bruised." I say with a frown. He smiles showing off his pearls.

"I wouldn't  I lie to you Rora, you know that. Besides it happened a week ago, Hu and I are fine. Promise." I look down then back at the phone.

"B-b-" He cuts me off.

"Don't want to hear it. Now get ready for bed we got school in the morning." I nod. He blows me a kiss and says a quick goodnight before hanging up.

I put my phone on the charger and get in to bed laying down under the covers, falling asleep.
————
I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door. I sit up and rub my eyes along with a little yawn. I stretch my arms out and get up heading to the door. I open it and Peak my head out.

"Mateo..what are you doing here?" He motions to my door and I nod opening it wide enough for him to come inside.

He walks to the center of the room and rubs the back of his neck.

"Listen Aurora. I'm not good at these things so yeah..I guess what Im trying to say is that," He looks up at me. "Is that im sorry for beating up your friends."

I frown. "It hurt seeing my friends with bruises on there face Mateo." I looks down.

"But I can't stay mad at you forever, so I forgive you. But you have to say sorry to the boys also." I say. His whole mood change as soon as those words came out of my mouth. He was going to say something but I raise my eyebrow at him.

"God why do all the Rodriguez women scare me." He mumbled under his breath, but I heard. "Fine, yeah whatever." I smile and hug him and he just stands there.

He deserves a hug anyways. I pull away and look at him with a smile. His lips go upward just a little before going back to his normal "emotion less face" as what Andres calls it.

I hear a ding come from my phone, I walk to my desk and pick it up Reading the text from Hu saying to wear our matching Pink shirts. I squeal and kindly tell Mateo to leave then rush into my closet looking for it. Once I spot it it I put on some Jean shorts and our matching pink converse.

I curl my hair then grab my backpack and phone heading downstairs.

Once i walk into the kitchen I see the boys eating while mom was flipping pancakes and humming a melody from the radio next to her, I smile.

I turn to my left and See Antonio drinking his coffee while his eyes were on me, which sent shivers down my spine. Whenever he's around I feel different, my body feels different. A good different though, and he only makes me feel it.

I send him a smile and he returns it along with a wink that knocked the air out of my lungs. He's so cute.

Did I really just say that?

But it's the truth. The past week we spent more time together and I came to realization that he's cute, or as of Alex says he's "fine."

I sit next to Rafael and kiss his cheek.