Chapter 43

Aurora

Here I am. Here I stand. At the cemetery my parents and Diana are buried. I had to see them, I needed to see them. I missed them too much. Mom came with me, she was the one who asked me if I wanted to come down with her since she had a business trip down here.

I'm very grateful that she asked. I didn't know how to ask her and dad about visiting down here.

I brought flowers, daisies to be exact. Our favorite. I brought papa and D roses, pink for papa and red for D. I sit in between both headstones. I place the flowers down on each one of their graves.

I miss y'all.

A few tears make their way down my cheeks as I look at the graves more.

I really do miss y'all.

I smile down at Diana.

"I read your letter D. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything, I'm sorry I didn't know."

I wish I knew sooner. She could've stayed with me, we could've got her out of that awful house. I blame myself but she told me not to. She told me to live life and she's always going to be by my side.

"She was beautiful." I hear a voice say. I quickly wipe my tears and turn around, my heart stops. No. What is she doing here.

I stand up and face the women.

"K-Kim?" She looks down at me and gives me a tight lipped smile.

"Hello again Aurora." I bite my lip nervously and take a step back.

"W-What are you doing here?" I ask. She pulls out an envelope. It was black, with a red stamp on it and my name written in cursive.

I look at it as she holds it out towards me.

"It's from Diana. I found it in a box of mine, I was horrible to her the least I can do is give this to the one person who she called family." I grab the envelope.

She looks down at the grave. I notice a single tear makes its way down her face.

"I'm sorry baby girl. I'm so sorry." She tears up.

I'm not a person to be mean but this got me mad. Years later she decides to finally see her daughter. Better yet she's acting as if she loved her. I mean she did but still she should've helped her. But no she was the reason my Diana isn't here anymore. I try to contain my anger but it's hard to.

I look around to put my attention on something.

"I hope you've received the letter I sent you. I'm sorry it took too long to deliver them to you. I'm also sorry about your parents, they were good people."

Unlike you.

"I did, thank you." I turn to her. She looks down. Why can't she look me in th-

"You read them. Didn't you?" She looks up at me and nods.

"I..I miss her." She says.

I wanted to say something. But couldn't bring myself to.

And I regret that.

"I have a new life. A daughter, a new husband, I changed I swear baby girl. I'm sorry."

After some time of us just standing their she turns and walks away. I stand their looking at her leave. This doesn't feel right. I was angry, so flipping angry.  She just walks away. Nothing said. No.

"That's it?" I say. She stops. "That's all you have to fucking say? You fucking hurt her every way possible. You left scars on her. You let her fucking father hurt her and all you have to say is 'Sorry' ? YOU HURT HER MORE THEN ANYTHING, YOU ARE THE REASON SHE KILLED HERSELF." Tears make there way down my face as I yell at her.