Chapter 42

Aurora

*1 Year Later*

I jump on Hu's back as Alex chases after us.

Hu threw water on him to wake him up because it was 12 in the afternoon on a Thursday, and I didn't want him to miss anymore school.

"Get back here!!" Alex yells. I giggle and Hu's pace fastens. We run downstairs past his brother Howie who was watching a movie in the living room.

He pauses the movie once he sees us and turns to us.

"Aren't y'all supposed to be in school?" I giggle and yell a yes as we run out the door, Alex following behind. Hu runs to his car and opens the door for me, i hop off his back and get in. I put on my seatbelt as I say a quick thank you to Hu. He smiles and closes the door.

Alex gets in the truck a little mad. He sits in the back with his arms crossed and a pout.

"Oh don't pout Alex he's sorry." I say, he stays in his position. I smile and grab my backpack and grab a container of his favorite cookie. Raisin Cookies. He looks at the container then at me.

I can see him wanting to smile but he tries to fight it off. He gives in and takes the container from my hands and opens it taking a cookie out.

"Apology accepted, this time." He says then stuff the cookie in his mouth. I hand him a water and chocolate milk from my backpack.

"Watch how you eat Alex, I don't want you to choke!" He rolls his eyes but nods.

"Yes mom." He says, and I giggle.

Hu starts the car and drives us to school.

It's been a year since that night. the night where our whole life's have changed, i almost lost my best friend, and a lot has been said since then.

I found out about all the lies that were within the walls of the home I was living in. The home I was brought back to. The home where I was reunited with my family.

*Flashback*

*One week after Incident*

Hu was released from the hospital today. I was happy, I spent the whole week with him and Alex at the hospital. Antonio would stay by my side too. He held my hand and hugged me while rubbing my back.  I'm so happy that I have Ant in my life.

I haven't been home all week. I was afraid to walk in the house. I was afraid to step foot in the one place my best friend almost died in. I was afraid that night would repeat. Andres said they had it "covered" and I still don't know what they mean by that.

I still don't know why they had guns, and shot as if they knew what they were doing. I don't know how they all acted as if it was normal. I stayed with Hu so he won't feel alone. I never realized how scared it was going to be once I get home.

I didn't even know I was shaking once Ant placed his hand on my thigh. I turn to him with wide eyes.

"Baby, you're shaking. Are you okay?" He asks. I slowly nod my head no while looking in his eyes. Tears threaten to spill the more I try to hold them in.

He unbuckles both our seatbelts. He leans over and picks me up placing me on his lap. He hugs me, I place my arms around his neck as I duck my head in his shoulder.

He rubs my back. "Let it out my love, don't be afraid." I bit my tears back but they spill. He keeps rubbing my back and my tears spill.

After five minutes of crying I pull my head up and look at Ant with blurry eyes. He kisses my forehead and wipes my tears with his thumb.

"I-Im sorry Ant..I-I don't know why I'm like this." He frowns.

"Angel I know you're scared but I'm by your side and I always will." I look at him.

"I'm scared to walk in that house. I'm scared to have everything hit me in the face again, I don't think I could." I bite my lip.

"Is that why you stayed with Hu all week?" I nod my slowly.

"I'm by your side Angel." I smile at him and place my lips on his. I pull away slowly, a smile on both of our faces.

"HOLY SHIT YALL JUST KISSED!" Mateo says. My eyes widen as he comes to the our side of the door. He opens it and he looks mad.

"WHY ARE YOU KISSING MY SISTER?!" He yells.

"Mateo shh the others will hear y-"
————
"They have something to say to y'all." Mateo says. Clearly still mad. I frown, I didn't necessarily lie. I just simply was holding on to tell them when the time was right.

After I told him to not say anything he called everybody into the living room. Ant and I in the front where the tv is at.

"Tell us what?" Dad says. I bite my lip nervously. Andres looks between us two confused till his eyes widen, he understood what was happening.

"Go on tell them." Mateo says crossing his arms.

I'm surprised he hasn't punched Antonio yet. He almost punched Hu for hugging me one time, actually he did. Yet he's not punching Ant?

I'm not complaining I'm just saying, maybe he likes us together and maybe the rest of the family would. That gave me confidence, I smile and grab Ant's hand.

Everyone's eyes avert down to our hands.

"Antonio and I are dating." I say. Ant looks down at me and smiles.

My dad and mom stand up. Mom was happy and jumping up and down while dad was angry.

"Oh miel he's perfect for you!" I smile.

"Antonio. A word." My dad says. Antonio kisses my head and walks away with him and the boys. Andres following behind with a smirk.
————
After an hour Ant and I are sitting down at the kitchen table with everyone.

"I approve of this relationship. I rather you be with someone who we know then a random guy." Dad says. And Pedro adds on, "but also as long as you're happy Aurora." I smile.

"I am, he makes me really happy."

He nods. Antonio told me they all questioned him in the room. I was nervous for that to happen and I'm glad everything is okay. He got out of that room ten minutes ago. I hold his hand and he places a kiss on my forehead.

"But we have something else to tell you.." Dad says.

*End of flashback*

Yes I know about the mafia. I honestly never thought mafias were real. I've read books with them in it but always thought it was a myth someone made up, never knew it was real.

My first reaction was me being scared, but then this was my family. If they wanted to hurt me they would've. They love me, so I was calm. But then I had asked a lot of questions that I know mafias do in books.

I told them I don't want to hear anything about the mafia. I don't want to talk about it or anyone. Keeping all that mafia stuff to themselves is better.

Hu parks the car and gets out opening my door.

One other thing I found out was Andres and Alex. Same day the family found out about me, we found out about Andres. I'm just glad he is with someone who makes him happy and who he loves.

Carrie, a girl I met at the store while out with mom came up to us. She's really nice and pretty. She had long black hair, brown eyes but in the sun they look like honey, pink plump lips, and she does her eye liner so good. Aaliyah and I love her. Her fashion taste is really amazing too. Today she wore a black dress with a jean jacket and some converse.

Hu, Alex, and I's love for converse is crazy. But they're just that amazing.

She smiles at us and kisses Hu. I introduced Carrie and Hu a month after Carrie and I met. I thought they'd be really great friends considering they have the same interests. But things led to one another and they got together, have been for two months and i couldn't be even happier. Hu, Alex, and I are happy and that's all that matters.
————
1439 Words.

I got tickets to see Dean Lewis 🤭