Chapter 32

Carlos

I glare at Andres as he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Okay okay sorry." He removes his arm and puts his hands up in surrender.

"Shut the fuck up." I say, he laughs and goes to pat my head but I grab his hand and push it to the side.

"That fucking hurt man." He whines. I roll my eyes and sit down next to Arianna.

Arianna was always one to get what she wants, and when she didn't get it she'd whine. It's fucking annoying but she's family and I love her, just like aurora. I love both my girls.

I grab a mug of coffee when something caught my attention, more like someone. It was Aurora, she walks into the house and quietly runs upstairs. I raise a brow and go to get up but Arianna places her head on my shoulder so I sit back down.

The past few weeks I've noticed Aurora has been distancing herself from us. I thought it was because of Arianna, I know we've been spending time with her a lot. But we haven't seen her in a while.

You just got your sister back though.

I asked Andres if he knew why Aurora was so uh isolated? Yeah. He said she's been studying none stop for a exam soon and she's afraid to not pass it.

Maybe he's right? Maybe I'm just overthinking.

Aurora

The hard part about leaving school today was sitting in a car full of my brothers trying not to show any pain. It took me two hours just to stand up let alone walk. I stayed in the classroom all throughout school trying to gain the strength to walk.

Once we get home it took me ten minutes to get out of the car and walk inside. I couldn't face anyone like this they'd ask questions..I hurry and walk fast up to my room not paying attention to anything.

Maybe I should've paid attention because I bump into a wall and fall down. I bite down on my lip to stop the scream threatening to come out. I feel the blood once I let go of my lip, I hold in my tears until I get into my room and lock the door. I slide down the door and begin to cry, cry my heart out.

I need a hug.

No you need to not give up. You got this.

I push myself up and walk to my bathroom and take a bath.
————
I woke up to my head throbbing with pain. I get up but immediately regret it once I start to feel dizzy, I sit back down and rub my head.

I check the time and see it's 5:15am. It's been two days since I've met with the man, the one that hurt me. I was supposed to bring him the file today because I didn't go to school yesterday. I was feeling sick, it was true I had a really bad headache. Thank god he gave me an extra day to give him the file.

It was hard getting the file due to dad and my brothers being in his office but it was easy when the file was next to the door. After grabbing it I ran to my room but I told them I was going to make them cookies. I made them there cookies though, can't break a promise.

I walk over to my closet and look for an outfit. I couldn't process anything at the moment so I grabbed a pair of jeans and a light pink shirt. I grab my pink converse and put them on. I walk over to my vanity and brush my hair, I grab a ribbon and tie my hair up in a ponytail. I smile at myself then grab my bag and place the file in it, then zip it up and put it on. I grab my phone and head downstairs to the kitchen, I sit down at the island next to Andres.

"Buenos Dias Miel. Has dormido bien?" I smile and nod.

(Good morning honey. Did you sleep well?)