𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐂 ✨ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐 ✨

Recommended by @XxIsabella_RosexX

💚

(Y/n) yawned. A strong yawn. Not one that indicated tiredness or the need to sleep, but one that glowed in the soothing effects of deepened slumber.

She stretched her arms strengthened like her body had been successfully charged above her head until her fingers met, eyes scrunched closed until the yawn ended and allowed them to reopen. She was refreshed, comfortable it was a Saturday she could spend doing whatever she pleased - no college, no work, just her own thoughts...

(Y/n) twiddled her fingers together in her lap, one leg raised and the other spread across the mattress she'd accompanied over the night. Beams of morning sunlight highlighted the dust in the air, twinkles of rain remnants still alive in them as they traced through the house.

The paths and roads and roofs of the city still possessed the touch of the evening's rainfall, shining with natural moisture in the light opposing the weather of the day before. Clouds still lurked above, but with warm air around them and a fluffy white appearance rather than deep grey.

(Y/n) felt as fresh as the evaporating drizzle across the pavement flowing past the entrance to the house she had slept in, shimmering like the silvery substance of a river but with a glow from the sun that showed the hope alive in the day about to take place from the events of the night before.

She became lost in her memories with her fingers playing with the gemstones locked in her bracelet, a sense of luck still oozing between every stone of rose and olive and gold and turquoise.

Her energised body sank into the mattress traced with dirt practically stitched into its softened texture, nothing but dusted ground with chipped wooden planks below.

Manic's house wasn't exactly the most luxurious of accommodations - the walls laced with ivory paper ripped to shreds, cracked ceilings watching from above with the daunting possibility of collapse, and the door open permanently from the gaping holes carved into the wood - but it all seemed understandable to (Y/n) from his explanation to his backstory.

Abandoned by his family at a young age by no fault of their own, his upbringing on the streets persuaded him to become the way he is. He avoided true communication, never bonding with anyone until he was reunited with his siblings. But he struggled to get back on his feet, remaining in this rickety residence in his adopted personality he couldn't release.

(Y/n) accepted every detail, strangely welcomed by the environment she subtly related towards. She gave another yawn into the warmed air leaking through the windows traced with the finger of breakage, a few shards to the ground.

Manic slept on that same ground, just avoiding the tiny fragments of danger with a torn blanket across his body. He held it in place to obtain insulation where the material wasn't ripped, his fetal position beside the mattress he donated to (Y/n) bringing a smirk to her face.

Man, he's cute when he's asleep-

With embarrassment widening her eyes she shook her head to dismiss the thought, Manic inconveniently stirring at that very moment. He raised himself up from an elbow sliding across the jagged floorboards, a tiny yawn breaking his lips apart that made (Y/n) smile wider.

He turned to her with a dazed grin. "Someone's up bright and early."

(Y/n) chuckled, rising up even further. "Yeah, it's kinda just what I'm used to."

Manic sniggered, his guest for the night reaching over to the end of the mattress creaking from her movements without the support of a bed frame to snatch her raincoat. Much to her frustration, it still felt damp from the evening prior.