~2~Last paw print

I was running so fast I couldn't see where I was. All I had in mind was my mothers words. She said to run and don't look back. She told me to run until my paws are bleeding cause if I don't get out of this pack I will never live again.

I ran through the trees and bushes. I remembered mom telling me about the border of the pack territory. There will be a river and a big oak tree right after I leave the pack.  She told me I will know that I left the territory cause it will smell different. So I ran feeling my heart beating and my breath shaking.

I could smell the fresh water of the river but there was something else. Wait that is lemon and bamboo? Aunt Hannah? I looked behind me while running. There she was running after me. Will she stop me? I don't think so. She loves me. Right? She ran in front of me leading me. I followed her and ran faster.

I can see the river. It was right there. She stopped at the edge signing me to come closer. I put my tail between my legs and went next to her. She turned to the left and took a plant with round leaves. She shifted to human form and told me to eat it. I did just that and felt something weird. She said that this plant will make my scent disappear and that it grows near rivers and lakes. Than she took the locket around her neck and gave it to me putting it around my neck hiding it in my fur telling me it was something to remember her when I look at it. She shifted back and brushed her head against mine like a goodbye.

We started running but this time in diferent directions never once looking back. I ran through the cold water that reached my belly. I had to escape and run far from this pack. I needed to only trust myself and no one else.

After what felt like days of running I fell down at the base of a big tree. I needed to rest for a bit but that meant that I will have to run harder when I'm better. My eyes closed and I slipped into a deep sleep. 

I raised my head and saw the forest around me. The air was fresh. It felt good. The wind brushing my fur making shiver. I felt weird but it was good like I was free. I started to walk in one direction like a string was guiding me. Like my feet knew where I have to go. Like I went there a million times. I kept going even though I had no idea where I go. The trees seemed familiar. I saw a shadow. It was behind a tree looking at me. Then it started running. I fallowed it wanting to know what it is. Suddenly it stopped. it was a wolf I could see that clear now. It turned around and looked at me. I stepped forward but it started to fade. I started running but when I got to where the wolf was standing all was left was a paw mark. A big one. My paw looked like a pup's one compared to it. 

I heard a howl behind me. But when I turned around to see what it was I was surprised to see that I was under the same tree I fell asleep. It was all just a dream? It felt real. Maybe not the last part but still. It felt like I lived that already somehow. Maybe it's just that plant aunt Hannah gave me? I looked at the locket around my neck. I will never forget this day till I die.

I started to walk a bit faster to get farther into the woods. It started to get dark. I needed to find somewhere to sleep. I wasn't too tired since I just slept for a bit but walking in the woods in the dark didn't sound very safe for a small Omega like me. It feels weird. Even thinking about me being an Omega. It feels like I didn't know myself before. Like I'm a stranger to my own self.

I looked around the woods while the sun was setting. It was beautiful. The golden light shining and lighting up the trees and giving them the illusion of gold. I was stunned. I never saw a sunset. I wander how it looks like for normal people.

I was looking around for a good spot to stay for tonight

I was looking around for a good spot to stay for tonight. I found a small crack in the stone of the mountain. I could fit there in my wolf form so it was good enough. I went over and put my small bag in a corner while laying down and shifting to my half form. I was hungry. I didn't eat something since this morning. And all I got was a sandwich.

I opened the bag to see if mom packed any food. The bag was filled with things like clothes and and some stolen medicine. At the bottom I found a knife, two lighters and some bread and cheese. I guess she knew I will need some food for the first days in the wild.

I started to eat the cheese sandwich. It was good. Maybe the taught that this was probably the last meal I will ever get from my mom made it better. I love her. I looked at the locket aunt gave me. I opened it and found sume leaves from the same plant she gave me and a small photo of her end mom when they were young. I put the leaves on top of the cheese and ate them so my scent will be hidden while I sleep.

I searched the bag a bit more and I found something that brought tears to my eyes. It was a small picture with all my family. Mom, aunt, Ava and Ella smiled at me. I was in the middle my sisters besides me. I will miss them so much. In the corner dad was serious and a bit angry. I folded the photo so dads angry eyes will leave me alone for once.

I wonder what is my family doing. Are my sisters ok? Did mom got punished because of me? Will dad do something to them? I hugged the picture to my chest as tears were burning my cheeks and falling to the ground. I shifted to my wolf form and fell asleep.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Hiiii! How are you?

This are the first two chapters of this book. Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote if you did. It really helps and feel free to leave suggestions.

Love, Ocean
:]

1150 words