~27~ Healing wounds

There had been two months since what happened. Me and George are better now. We spent all this time together comforting each other every time. I think this brought us closer. I feel like this hard time helped us understand how much we need each other. In the meantime we silently decided to take a break from any intimate activities. We didn't do more than make out sessions from time to time. It was best for both of us.

George decided to go to his house for a bit today. Neither of us went there in some time now and he wants to see what happened to his garden. Unlucky for me I couldn't go with him. At the moment I'm stuck in the meeting room with all the yelling in the world. What I caught from all the words flying around the room is that a young Alpha around 17 or so named Liam met his soulmate during a family trip and that he was stopped by his father from getting any closer and now he wants permission from me to go to that pack to meet his mate. On the other hand though his family wants me to ban their son from leaving.

It's a huge mess. I have no idea what to do. I kinda want to let Liam meet his soulmate but this means destroying his relationship with his family. From one side I understand what bothers his family but stopping a wolf from meeting their soulmate is a big thing.

I can't imagine how I would've reacted if someone stopped me from meeting George. But I don't want to let the history repeat itself and let Liam lose his family like me just because of this. It's hard to take decisions that affected people's lives directly and all this yelling isn't helping either.

I stood up suddenly grabbing everyone's attention. I exhaled deeply and looked up.
They were back in their seats looking at me and waiting for me to say something.

"Good. Now that we have some peace I want to ask you separately what you think is best. Liam you are first so please tell me exactly what do you want to do."

"I'll tell you what he wants to do-"

"Ms please let Liam talk and I will listen to your opinion after it."

"Thank you. Well all I want is to go to Raging Fangs (it's a pack name don't judge me it's 3 am)  and find my mate. I will of course bring them to meet my family and maybe move with them in a house in your pack if you'll agree to it."

"Good. Now I am listening to you Ms Grace. Tell me. What do you think about this?"

"If he goes to Raging Fangs, he won't come back. I know it. He'll ditch us and just stay there with his mate."

"Ms Grace I know that letting Liam go is hard but you have to understand that is his choice and he'll most likely keep his word and come back to at least let you meet his mate. Right Liam?"

"It's true mother. I will bring them to meet all of you. I want to stay close to you because I love you but I can't just reject my soulmate."

"Ms Grace I know exactly how your son feels. Please don't make him choose between his family and his soulmate. I can tell you how painful it was for me to see my parents disown me just because of my soulmate. As you know it's rare to find your true soulmate and when you feel that connection you just can't control it. Even if he tries to reject his mate he'll end up in a lot of pain both physical and emotional"

"Fine. I'll let you leave Liam but under one condition. We'll give you two weeks and a half to find your soulmate. After you find them you will bring them so we can meet them. It's not a big pack so it won't be that hard.  Understood?"

"Yes mother! Thank you! And thank you so much Dream for helping me! I will never forget what you did for me!"

"No problem, Liam. Now go meet your soulmate."

They all left the room leaving me alone. I sat back in my seat closing my eyes. It was finally over. I took a deep breath and stood up. Now that it's over I can go to George's house. I left the room and texted Sapnap that I'm leaving. I walked outside and inhaled the fresh air. I shifted to my wolf form and ran off.

Soon I got to the small cabin. I stopped running and shifted back to my human form. I looked around the front yard seeing that all the flowers disappeared. I walked inside the house.

"George? Are you in here?"

"I'm outside!"

I went to the back yard where I saw my beautiful mate standing on the grass. I sat besides him and warped my hand around his shoulder.

"Hey! What are you doing out here?"

"Just getting some air. So what happened to Liam?"

"It was a yelling mess."

"How so?"

"Well Liam's parents just didn't want to let him go. In the end I managed to convince them to let Liam go to Raging Fangs to find his soulmate so everything's fine for now."

George slowly turned his head and looked up at me with wide eyes. He looked terrified. His scent became sour from all the distress pheromones.

"What happened? Did I said something wrong?"

"T... that's my old pack..."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Hiiii

Thank you for all the votes and comments. I really appreciate it. Hope you liked this chapter. Stay safe until next time and don't forget that you matter!

Love, Ocean

:]

1007 words