20. Guitar lessons

We were currently 3 months into filming stranger things season 4, I had been working on the show since season 3 I joined as Robins best friend. I absolutely loved the show, it truly felt like a second home to me.

I had finished filming 30 minutes ago and started to walk around set. I walked to one of the back rooms and saw Joe learning his Metallica guitar solo. I looked through the window and he spotted me waving me in.

Joe and I became pretty quick friends on set, but it was only a friendship. I did have a slight crush on him but I knew nothing was reciprocated so I left it as a silly crush.

As I walked into the room I smiled at him. "Sounding good, you're definitely getting there" I said, knowing there was a few parts of the song he struggled with. "Thanks I think so too, there is still one part I just can't get a hang of" he said seeming frustrated. I nodded as he started again. It was hot, everything about it was hot, him playing, how fast his fingers moved just everything was perfect. I tried not to stare at him for too long, but completely failing. Every so often I seen him glance down at me and smile a little.

Once he finished he placed the guitar down deciding on having a break. He sat down on the chair in front of me looking at me. "So?" He asked "so what?" "How was it?" I laughed now understanding. "It was good you're getting a lot better each time" I smiled at him. "Yeah?" He asked I nodded. "I love when you watch me you know, I like how you stare at my every move" I blushed being caught out. "I just erm I just like it, it's pretty impressive" I said stumbling a little on my words. "Is that all yeah?" He asked a little sarcastically. I didn't reply I just nodded. "Y/N you got a little drool there" he said with confidence. I covered my face and giggled at him. "Shut up" I mumbled with my hands still covering my face which was bound to be bright red.

He moved to crouch down in front of me and removed my hands from my face, I looked into his eyes and he smiled. "What are you embarrassed for love, it's cute" "hm you sure?" I said sarcastically. "Yeah I really do think it's cute" I smiled at him. "You know, I think it would be hot if you could play." He said. "Hot? I can't. Wait no I can't play? What" I laughed all my words coming out a complete mess. "Of course you can come here" he said leading me to the middle of the room.

He put the guitar over my chest adjusted the strap so it fits exactly where I needed it too. He was a bit taller than me so it definitely needed adjusting. Once it was placed where it was needed he went and stood behind me holding me close & grabbing ahold of my hands. "Okay, this is an A chord" he held my hands making me strum the guitar. He done this with the rest of basic chords before kneeling around in front of me looking up telling me to do it alone. I done it as it was pretty easy to follow. "I told you you can do it" he smiled up at me. "Yeah but that's the basic chords isn't it?" I asked. "Maybe so but being able to do them is just the start, you can do a lot more when you practice love.. that's if you want too" I nodded. "That would be good" i smiled at him.

We carried on playing around for an hour or so, ultimately ending up with me getting frustrated from not being able to do it. "I can't do this shit, I don't have the coordination" I said with frustration in my voice. "Patience is key" he said from behind me again trying to keep me calm. "Joe I don't know if you know this but I literally have 0 patience." I groaned. He put his arms around me lifting the guitar from me and placing it at the side, then standing in front of me.

I looked up at him. "You are the biggest stress head I've ever met" he said causing me to laugh. "Im glad you realize that now" I said still laughing he put his arms around me pulling me into a hug. "Would you like more lessons soon?" I nodded into his chest. "Im off the rest of the day so if your free i could go again soon" he laughed. "Oh yeah? Well im free too I just need to practice a little more but then we can get you back too it" he smiled at me.

So that's exactly what we done, I watched him practice for another 50 minutes and then we went to get lunch and proceeded to try to teach me again. He sat down against the wall and opened his legs and patted the space in front of him for me to sit. "Come here I'm not going to bite" he said laughing, I sat down in front of him. He placed his hands on my shoulders slowly leaning me back so my head was against his chest. I knew I was blushing from the close proximity we were in, I had the guitar in my lap when joe took my hands and started to strum a little bit.

This time I was able to learn a basic tune and be consistent with it. It was hard but we got there eventually. Once we finished I sat up and took the guitar off me, joe then pulled me back down wrapping his arms around me. I placed my hands on his arm looking up at him. He was definitely a lot closer than I expected.

"Told you, I knew you could do it" he smiled down at me. "Yeah you did, I still can't believe it" i smiled. "So Y/N why do you like watching me practice so much?" He asked. I turned my head away from him to look at the wall in front of us. "I don't know I just like watching you, it's fascinating." I said shrugging my shoulders. "That doesn't sound 100% honest to me" he said with a smirk on his face. "Well if I told you then I would be embarrassed so we will leave it at me thinking it's fascinating" I turned back to look at him. "Y/N/N, love you can tell me without being embarrassed i won't judge you" he said genuinely. "You're literally so annoying I hate that you know me so well" I laughed. "I know you so well and I know why I just want to hear you say it" he said pulling me in a little bit tighter. I sighed ultimately defeated. "Fine" I groaned pausing. "I think it's hot when you play, i don't see it with anyone else only you" I replied honestly.

"Good" he replied simply, I looked up into his eyes. "Good?" I questioned, he moved one arm and placed it under my chin leaning closer, just as he was about to connect our lips he mumbled a small "good". He pressed his lips to mine softly, I immediately kissed back smiling into the kiss. We started off slow and then he licked my lips for entry wanting more, I happily accepted letting our tongues roam around each other's mouths. We made out for a couple of minutes before slowing them back down a little pressing small pecks to each other's mouths. We smiled at each other as we pulled away.

"What was that" I asked. "We kissed?" He said confused. "No I know I was there but why? Like why did you do it" I asked. "Is that not obvious?" He answered, I didn't have words so I shook my head 'no'. "Y/N I thought you knew?" I was confused now. "Knew what?" I asked. "I have feelings for you?" I covered my face and groaned. "This is why we use words, I have feelings for you too" I smiled "yeah I knew" he said as-if it was nothing. "Joe you knew and didn't say anything" i laughed. "Yeah well I thought I made it obvious I liked you too but apparently not" he joined in laughing.
"We're dumb" I stated. "Yeah that kiss could have happened a lot sooner if we just spoke to each other" he said leaning down to place his head on mine. I pulled away to look at him.

"You know what that means though?" I asked. "Mhm what does it mean" I leaned closer to his lips. "We can do it as much as we want now" I laughed, he closed the gap kissing me again.