31. Scream.

Halloween was easily my favourite times of the year. I loved everything about it. The brisk air, the orange and brown leaves flooding the streets after falling off the tree's, pumpkin spiced latte's, the overall spooky vibe but most of all horror movies. I was a horror fanatic. I could watch them at any time of the day. My favourites were scream, IT and of course the og's like halloween, nightmare on elm street and Friday the 13th.

I was currently decorating my apartment ready for halloween adding some orange LED lights around my tv, pumpkin scented candles on my table, and some other little spooky decorations in different area's of my living room. It ended up looking so cute. I had nothing to do with the rest of my day so i decided on baking some halloween cupcakes before watching a film.

I was just about to take the cupcakes out of the oven when a knock at the door distracted me. I quickly took them out leaving them on the counter top accidentally burning my hand. I looked down at the burn it almost instantly turning red. Shit i mumbled to myself making my way to the door. I opened it to reveal Joseph stood there with his hands behind his back with a huge smile plastered on his face. "Hi what are you doing here I wasn't expecting you today" i said to him. "Well i wanted to see my best friend is that a crime" he chuckled. "No no of course not, why are your hands behind your back.. you look very suspicious" i raised my eyebrows to him letting him enter the apartment behind me.

"Well i brought you a gift" he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Oh really" he nodded removing his arms from behind his back with a ghost squishy teddy in his hand. It was so cute. I made grabby hands taking it off him. "Oh my he's so cute.. and soft" i said looking up to joe with adoring eyes. "Thank you" i smiled at him. "You're welcome, have you been baking your place smells heavenly" i nodded. "Pumpkin cupcakes, smell good don't they?" "They really do, what are you doing for the rest of the evening love?" He asked. "Erm my only plan was to finish off the cupcakes and watch movies and eat somewhere between, do you want to join?" I asked. "Yeah that sounds like a plan"

We finished off the cupcakes together making a complete mess of the icing ending up with as lot more on our faces than on the cupcakes so we had to make another load. Once they were done we ordered a take away and sat on the couch, i closed the curtains making the room darker only being lit up by the lamp in the corner of the room and a candles on the table. We started off watching friends while we ate but soon moved onto horror films once we put all of our dirty dishes away.

"Okay so I've got the amazing scream 1996 directed by the undeniably talented Wes Craven or we have halloween 2018 directed by the phenomenal David Gordon Green" i asked Joe holding up both DVD's. "Well i know scream is your favourite so we can watch that but as soon as you start saying all the words Y/N its off" he said raising his brows giving me a supposedly serious look. "Okay okay i wont" i rolled my eyes at him.

I placed the dvd into the tv and switched the lamp off so the only light in the room was from the tv and candles. I grabbed a large blanket for us both to share before making my way to the couch to join Joe. I sat with my back against the arm of the couch with my legs over his lap with his arms dangling over my legs slightly tickling the outsides of my thigh. I snuggled my head into his neck keeping close for more body heat.

Half way through the film i randomly paused it feeling curious needing answers to my question. "Do you think you could survive ghost face?" I asked joe looking up to meet his eyes. "I uh yeah i guess its just some guys in masks" he shrugged his shoulder. "But they are creative they probably have your death planned out, i don't know Joe I feel like you would be the  one who no one realises is missing until they find the body or the one that stupidly has sex in the film and dies on top of the hot blonde girl" he instantly burst out laughing.

"So your basically saying I'm irrelevant and horny?" He said in between laughs causing me to laugh too. "What the fuck no I'm just saying that you would low-key be dumb in a horror film like do you not know the rules to horror films? Love, you would probably break every single one" i replied. "All that I'm getting from this is that you think I'm dumb" i just shrugged my shoulders as a reply.

"Do you think i would survive?" I asked him. "I do, i think you would out-smart them, but your also dumb and think serial killers in films are hot.." i giggled at his reply because it was way too true. "So you're saying Billy Loomis and Stu Macher aren't hot?" I said almost a little too seriously. "No they are serial killers Y/N/N what the fuck, i agree Skeet and Matthew are attractive men but not their characters in this." He said with a disgusted look on his face knowing i would say there is absolutely no difference. "Well if either one of them tried to kill me i would probably just let it happen.. if it was one of the girls i would at least try and put up a fight.. unless it was Gill, she was kinda fine" he rolled his eyes at me.

"Okay okay change of subject if you could play any role in scream who would you play?" He thought for a second before replying.. "Stu or Billy". I was pleasantly surprised by his answer. "Oh really i thought you would have said Dewey, why either of those? Is it bad i can kinda see you making a really good ghost face." "Id be either of those because you think they're hot" i was definitely surprised by his reply but even more shocked by what came out of my mouth as a reply. "What? I think you're hot, you could literally play any role and still be hot." I tried to play it off as if it was nothing when in reality i just admitted my best friend was hot. It didn't really sink in until i saw him making wide eyes at me with a huge smirk very prominent on his face.

"So you think I'm hot" he asked smugly. "Oh shut up joe" i rolled my eyes. "Okay so who would i play if i was in scream" he thought for a second seeming like he was debating saying his answer. "Tatum or Sidney" i nodded. "Ill 100% take that but why" i asked, i was really not going to complain about that though. "Because they dated billy and stu" he said.

"All i got from that was that you want to kill m- oh.. OH.. oh?" I said a massive range of emotions showing. He laughed at me slowly seeing it click in my brain what he meant. "Really? Like are you saying this just in the talking about the movie sense or like in real life like me and you now because I'm confused and would love some indication about what you mean" i rambled on confused. "In real life." I didn't reply i just sat surprised letting my mouth form an 'o' shape.

We stayed silent for a while. He took my silence as a bad thing but in reality i was processing that someone i had been in love with probably since we met just confessed their feelings for me. In a bit of a strange way but it still happened nonetheless. "Look Y/N we can completely forget i said anything if you want too?" He said quietly with a pretty emotionless expression. I looked up to meet his gaze. "See this is what i meant by you're the dumb one" he seemed shocked by my reply mumbling out a what.

"You're sure? Like you're sure you have feelings for me?" I asked still dumbfounded. "I do, I'm sorry if that offended you or you didn't want to hear it i just- I've wanted to tell you for a while and i didn't know how and the opportunity came up so i took it." I didn't reply i cupped his face in my hands slightly pulling his face closer to mine, stopping when our faces were just millimetres apart. "I'm so glad you did because i feel the exact same way" i smiled at him, my confession was all it took for him to connect our lips together. He pecked my lips a few times before pulling his face away from mine.

"Suddenly scream is my favourite film ever" he smiled causing me to giggle. "Lets actually finish watching the film" i said before pressing play and snuggling back into him, our limbs tangled together. The rest of the evening was spent with plenty more horror movies and cuddles and falling asleep together on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N sorry I am trying my best to upload, I'm currently on holiday so I don't have much time to write or post!!