22. The bloke from the bar.

*incoming call from callum*

I rolled my eyes answering the phone. "Hi what's up I'm at work I can't talk for long" I rolled my eyes. Callum was my boyfriend, well something like that we lived together but I'm sure he was cheating on me I just needed the proof. "So babe, me and the lads are going a pub tonight and Alfie's girlfriend is coming along, do you wanna come too?" He asked. Oh yeah every girlfriends dream to sit there watching her 'boyfriend' flirt with every woman that wasn't them. "Yeah okay but I won't be coming for long, I have to go back to work bye" I said before buttoning him.

See I wasn't happy in my relationship which anyone could see. But I had no reason or proof to kick him out. I tried before saying I didn't love him no more and he begged and pleaded for me to stay, guilt tripping me by saying he will be homeless as his family lives on the other side of the UK and his friends don't have space for him. This was over a month ago but day in and day out I was growing more tired of him.

He came home late constantly drunk, we were arguing all the time, it was a very toxic household.

Around 5pm I left work going home to get changed. I showered and changed into a small fitting black dress with an oversized blue denim jacked with my docs. I added some rings and a necklace, applying a small amount of makeup and brushing my hair out seen as it was already straight from work. I spritzed some perfume and left.

It was only a 20 minute walk to the bar so I decided to walk whilst it was still light out. As I reached the bar I immediately spotted him stood at the bar talking to a blonde haired girl. Not surprised in the slightest I found his friends and sat with them. They all greeted me and welcomed me to sit down.

I looked over at callum "how long has he been there" I asked. "Around 30 minutes" I laughed. "God he's such a dick" i said, they nodded agreeing. "I don't know how you've put up with him for this long he's so shitty to you" I rolled my eyes. "I know trust me I've tried multiple times to get him out of the flat" I smiled honestly. "I'm going to get a drink does anyone want anything?" I asked which received a series of no's.

After being at the bar for close to 2 hours drinks had been flowing relatively easily. I was very tipsy at this point. Callum came over to me to say hi finally realizing I was there. I pushed him off and took my drink outside, I knew he tried to follow me by the sound of his friends telling him to sit and to just let me go.

I walked outside and sat on a back wall, a few tears slipped from my eyes that I didn't know I was holding back. I rummaged in my pocket to find my phone to text my friend. In the middle of typing to her a figure came and over to me. "Is the seat next to you taken?" A man asked I shook my head 'no' before using the sleeve of my jacket to wipe more tears away.

"Are you okay?" The man asked. "Eh yeah I guess" I smiled up at him feeling ready to cry again. "Do you want to talk about it" he asked leaning forward so our eyes met. I shrugged. "My 'boyfriend' is in there flirting with some blonde chick and has been for the last 2 and a half hours and only just acknowledge my presence, I'm just done with his shit" I smiled finally feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders saying it all out loud. "So your boyfriend is the dick that's been flirting with the girl I was meant to be on a date with" my eyes widened at him. "You're joking. Oh my god I'm so so sorry" i said looking at him wanting to cry again.

"It's not your fault, to be honest she was using me anyway so it's probably a good thing he took her away." I looked at him confused. "How so" "I was recently in a netflix show and kinda blew up on the internet, nothing major I'm still me and new to all this but she offered to go on a date with me but deep down I think it was just for publicity" he gave a half smile with a shrug of his shoulders. "People are shitty" I paused for a second "do you wanna get out of here? I don't really fancy staying here to much longer" he nodded agreeing. "Shit I need to grab my bag" i said just before turning back him following close behind me. I grabbed my bag and told his friends I was leaving. As I was on my way out we saw them both kissing at the bar so I just shrugged it off and walked out.