36. Tell me? Make me.

I was currently sat in the living room of my best friend Jess with a cup of tea in hand. We were waiting for her Boyfriend Jamie and his best friend Joe so we could go to a restaurant.

Jess and I had been friends since university and when her and Jamie started dating he also became my best friend. When he started working on stranger things he introduced Jess and I to his cast. They were all so sweet but I definitely took a liking to Joseph out of them all. Luckily for me he became Jamie's best friend so we got to spend a lot of time together.

He definitely had the looks which initially made me think he was cute and it was a silly crush.. But then you add his personality too it? I'm convinced I'm fully in love with this man.

"Oh my god I seen Laura today, she looked at me and didn't even recognize me until I said her name it was so strange." Jess said making conversation. "It was like she remembered me from my voice like have I really changed that much?" She asked.

"Which one was Laura? And I wouldn't say so but we have spent basically the last 8 years together so I wouldn't know" I laughed at her a little. "Laura? The one who  was dating tom who you had the biggest crush on in university" I nodded completely remembering who it was now. "I don't even know why I had a crush on him" I shrugged.

"Honestly me neither he was a dick.. speaking of crushes do you still have your little crush on Joe?" She asked making me blush a little. "it's crazy, at first I was like okay a little crush he's an attractive man, it's a given but Jess, I fully think I'm in love with this man it's bad" I said with a light laugh. Jess didn't reply her eyes just widened.

"Oh who's the lucky guy" I heard from the door frame behind me. I knew the voice belonged to Joe. I hesitantly turned around. "Wouldn't you like to know" I asked making him chuckle. He came to the back of the couch and wrapped his arms around me and placed a light kiss on my head, how he always greeted me. "I would actually but not right now, are we all ready to go Jamie's waiting in the car taking a phone call" he said greeting Jess the same way.

We put our shoes and jackets on and all got in the car. Jamie gave a slight wave as he finished up with the call. Once the call finished he started driving to the restaurant. "So how are my favorite girls?" He asked. Before we even got a chance to speak Joe spoke up. "Y/N's in love." Jamie glanced at me through the mirror trying not to laugh, he knew about my crush on Joe but didn't know how bad it had gotten. "Oh is that so" was the only thing he said. I shrugged "maybe" Joe turned to me from his seat.

"Y/N you cant say maybe now after practically confessing your love for whoever it is to Jess" he said. "I can and I just did, you're just mad you're the only one who doesn't know who it is" I replied. "Wait does jamie know who it is?" He asked and I gave a slight nod. "Well that's ridiculous" he said turning back around in his seat like a sulking child.

We got to the restaurant and sat and ordered. As we passed the menu's back to the waiter my phone lit up with a message from Jamie who was sat opposite me.

J:
He's mad because he has the biggest crush on you😂 you should tell him and put him out of his misery!

I looked up from my phone pretty confused but gave one simple nod of my head. There was absolutely no way that Joe felt the same as I did, surely Jamie was joking so I made a tit of myself.

We all ate our food, small talk being thrown around the table. I leaned back in my chair holding my stomach. "I'm so full I feel like I've just ate a banquet for 6" I said causing everyone to laugh.

We got the bill and got back in the car to go back to Jamie and Jess' house. "Are you coming in for a while or going home?" Jess asked Joe and I. "Im going to go home I feel like I'm going to pop" I laughed starting to give them all a hug. "Im going to get off too, Y/N can you give me a ride to the train station please" Joe asked. "I'll drop you off at home don't be silly" I replied.

We said the rest of our goodbyes and headed to the car, the first minute or so was silent. "Can you please tell me now" he asked, I shook my head saying nope popping the 'p'. He laughed "tell me" he demanded, "make me" was my immediate response which I regretted almost instantly.

"Wait til you're done driving" he said making me nervous.  We made some more general chit chat before I pulled up to his apartment block. "So are you going to tell me" he asked again, I shook my head still holding my ground on this. "Just tell me it's me and we can be done here, it's so obvious your obsessed with me" he said.

I felt like the air was being sucked out of my chest, I coughed a little in a panic. "Wait is it actually?" He asked based off my reaction. I didn't reply my eyes just widened not knowing what to say. "I was only joking, I had no idea, it was just wishful thinking" he mumbled.

"Wishful thinking?" I questioned. He nodded. "I yeah I think you're so beautiful and I have done since we first met I always hoped we would be more, I've even said it to Jamie but he said you got hurt in your last relationship so I just tried to push my crush aside not wanting to hurt you" he said with a small smile.

I leaned over and grabbed his hand rubbing my thumb across it slightly. "I don't think you could ever hurt me, you're far too sweet" I smiled, he turned his hand around to hold mine and gave it a small squeeze "I wouldn't even dream of hurting you" he smiled. I leaned closer placing my head on his shoulder, he turned more pulling me into a hug rubbing my back slightly.

We pulled back from the hug still staying in close proximity, I leaned my elbow on the middle console of the car and put my head on my hands. We just kept looking at each other, he leaned back slightly and placed his hand on my cheek rubbing it gently.

I looked between his lips and eyes continuously before ultimately making my move. I slowly leaned in giving him chance to back out if he wanted, to my surprise he started leaning in too. I gently placed my lips on his, it was soft and gentle at first. I opened my mouth a little and he almost instantly took the hint letting his tongue connect with mine and roam my mouth. It was absolutely perfect.

As we pulled away we stayed very close to each other our foreheads touching. "I want to take you on a date" Joe said, "okay" I whispered. "I want to make you mine some day" a bigger smile broke onto my face. "Okay" I whispered again causing him to smile. "I'm going to kiss you again now" he said, I nodded and again whispered "okay" he let out a small laugh before connecting our lips together again.

Joe stuck to his words and took me on a date and eventually asked me to be his girlfriend. He kept his promise of never hurting me. A couple years down the line he said it in his vows but also promising never to hurt or leave our growing unborn baby and to love us both for the rest of his life. He's good at keeping promises.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I've been gone for a while I had lost all motivation to write lol but I'll hopefully be back now