34. Room-Mate.

Today was a cast party. We had absolutely no reason to be celebrating but we all decided on a group party at Natalia and Charlie's house. We hadn't seen each other in a long time because of press tours and promo for the show so I guess that could be the reason!

I was currently getting ready. I had showered and started to pin curl my hair so hopefully they stay in for longer. I got dressed deciding on some jeans, a basic white top and a large oversized cardigan with trainers. I was currently finishing the last of my makeup when the door knocked. I knew it would be Joe to pick me up but he was 40 minutes earlier than planned.

"Beth can you grab the door please" I shouted from my bedroom. I didn't hear a reply back but muffled talking came from outside of my room indicating she opened the door to him.

-Joe's POV-

I decided to get to Y/N's apartment earlier than planned because I was bored and missed her. I hadn't seen her in a month due to promo for the show and I wanted to see her so bad. I knocked on her door for it to be swung open by an unfamiliar face a couple seconds later.

"Hi who are you" she asked. "I'm Joe? I'm Y/N's friend.. sorry do I have the wrong place?" She laughed and shook her head, moving out of the way to allow me in. "She's still getting ready, I'm Beth, her room mate and best friend. So are you Joe or Joseph because isn't there like 2 of you there?" She asked. "I'm Joseph" I smiled at her. A small 'ahh' escaped her lips as she raised her brows at me with a knowing look. "What's that look for?" I asked, she replied with a small laugh. "So you're the dumb one?" I had absolutely no clue what she was talking about. "I'm dumb?" I questioned. "Yeah you're the one who can't see a pretty girl practically drooling over you?" She said as-if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I'm sorry what are we talking about?" I asked still having no clue what this could possibly be about.

"Not what, who stupid! You really don't see how Y/N looks at you?" I shook my head 'no'. "she talks about you all the time, it's like your the love of her life without actually being the love of her life you know, she always says how you have the most piercing brown eyes and i totally see it, you are her type i guess and i can totally see why she has a crush on you, i think you would both be well suited and-" she rambled on. "Joe, hi! You can come in here you like" Y/N interrupted us emerging from what I'm guessing was her bedroom. I gave her friend a small wave. I was consumed by my own thoughts from what Beth had said, could it be true? Surely not, she would have told me? Wouldn't she? what if she really did like me back and I was actually dumb and brushed it off just because of how close we are.

So many thoughts with not enough time to think about them.

- Y/N POV-

"I won't be long now I'm just applying my lashes then need to put my jewellery on then I'm all good to go" I smiled at Joe, looking at him through the mirror as he sat on the edge of my bed. "Take your time love I'm early" he smiled at me. His smile instantly faded again as he looked out the window. It looked like he was in a world of his own. "You're quiet today, everything okay?" I asked him. "Of course, I'm fine" he smiled. I finished getting ready then I was good to leave.

We walked out the door of my bedroom to the front door. "Beth will you be home later?" I shouted to her. "Yeah Jack is coming over soon" great I thought. "Okay see you later" I replied before leaving the apartment not even waiting for a reply.

We got to his car. "Do you not like Jack or something?" He asked. "It's not that I don't like him they are just noisy if you know what I mean" I replied, a chuckle left his mouth. "Got it" he replied.

We drove to the party and as we got there we met up with everyone else having a lovely catch up and having a few drinks. It had been a couple hours and I was currently stood with Maya telling her about how weird Joe had been when he came to my apartment earlier. I also may have slipped up about having feelings about him. That's when Joe came over to us, so I had to very abruptly end the conversation. "Hey are you busy?" He asked, before I could get chance to reply Maya answered for me. "No lover boy she's all yours" she slurred a little before walking away.