𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 + 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

💜

"Like to fight dirty, don't ya?"

"Consider yourself fortunate. If I'd have used my full strength you'd be much worse off than this."

"Well, if you're so powerful, let's see you prove it!"

Sonic sniggered into the ground. His hands ached, stung, throbbed, but he still grazed the grassland with them. His fingertips broke through the usually pristine and silky material of his gloves, ripped wherever possible with stains of dirt from the moistened ground and an odd spot of ancient blood.

Heavy rain ploughed through the darkening clouds, claps of thunder vibrating the planet below deep to the blazing core. It rippled over the crust almost cracking from the pressure, aggressive precipitation pounding into the field drained of usual vibrant and succulent colour.

Lightning electrocuted the hills running free into the distance invisible by a shadow of mist, sending a blinding flash across the meadow drenched in rain so cold it felt acidic. Grass with saturated grey injected into their regularly green shade squelched every time Sonic dug a knuckle into the ground to bring himself back up, ready to fight.

It felt like he'd already been fighting for centuries, the dark shade tapping the blood spilt across his wounded body explaining it had been quite a while. His injuries no longer shone in the sparks of lightning with that bright red of freshly torn skin, some patches so dry they crusted into droplets as captivating as orbs of glistening crimson gemstone.

Sonic carved his knuckles exposed from his damaged gloves into the soaked ground, hauling himself up. His arms trembled from the need to send so much energy through his veins to simply move his body again, groaning so deeply and loudly the unintentional use of his voice could snap into a scream of pain.

He only had the power to open one eye. Only one emerald dazzled in the unpredictable flashes of lightning every few seconds, even though the vivid green evacuated his iris unable to produce the placid colour. It seemed darker with rage, the same emotion reflected through the sly smirk engraved to his muzzle below.

Sonic winced from another shot of pain, a hand leaping to support his knee cracking at the bone with even the tiniest jolt of movement to raise himself back up. His elbow creaked and his muscles felt strained, another squeak escaping his gritted teeth like a criminal sliding between jail bars.

The soaked sole of his signature scarlet sneaker slipped across the ground, another hiss smashing between his teeth. His jawline cracked in determination, his trembling legs breaking free of the quaking motion as his throbbing spine straightened out.

Sonic's smirk deepened with a chuckle at the same volume, standing tall. Rain slithered down his shoulders as his hands pounding with exhaustion through each vein cockily played with the tips of his quills, prodding his naked fingers painted in blood.

Grey waters flushed more colour from his face, skin to his muzzle faded in the misted darkness. It washed the graze to his cheek and the gash above his eye slammed closed, the most recent of his injuries leaking from the moist touch as the hedgehog brought his wrist up to wipe the blood away.

He glanced at the remains dyeing his whitened glove an unsettling red, the tiny scent alive in the muggy air disturbing his stomach. He could taste the greasy rain as the droplets slipped down his face and snuck between his teeth still gritted in rage; strangely sour, and leaving dampened trails into his fur.

With a sniffle of the chilled rain and a squint into the misted distance, Sonic could make out the mysterious silhouette traced into the lowered clouds. They appeared gentle, harmless, with a paler shade to the darkened sky, but still heavy with more rain.