6. Blues and Greens

She replenished her supplies of blues and greens. The king was very gracious, giving her new canvas's and paints, charcoals and led whenever she requested. She had painted the king and his family and it hung up in the great hall, they looked the perfect family but in honesty they were bickering the whole time. Tommen couldn't sit still and Cersei and Robert kept arguing. Joffrey didn't like the shirt they put him in, and Marcella was happily singing little songs as she sat like a perfect little angel.

'Ready my princess?' Avalon questioned when Marcella opened the door. She nodded eagerly letting Avalon in.

"Right here! I want it to feel like I'm at the sea!' Marcella told her.

'You got it!' Avalon told her confidently. 'I made a few adjustments last night when I was swimming, let me know what you think...' she handed over her sketch book and Marcella looked over the adapted sketch. 'it felt more immersive, like you are there... I thought.' Avalon told her. Marcella nodded happily before heading out. Avalon got to work.

She swiped the paints into waves, needing each layer to dry she was going to make this one pop. Needing thicker layers as she added top layer, making it look like the wavers were really coming out of the wall. In between letting the layers dry she sat on the floor fire consumed her mind as much as sandor did. Since his outburst and rightfully so. He probably felt like an invasion of his privacy but she never would show them to anyone, it was just for her. she didn't ask for him to be her muse, but from the first moment she saw him she wanted to see him, paint him, trace her fingers down his scars as she brought him to life, forever embedded, immortalized on her canvas. But she scared him away. she tapped a clean finger to the wall, when it came back clean she started on the next layer, swiping back and forth, curves flowing around the wall. Encompassing her in a sea of blues.

Avalon stood on a crate, her tip toes reaching as she painted the sunset, or sunrise she supposed, peaking over the horizon. She watched the sun fade, and used it as her inspiration. Yellow, orange and pink littered the sky, she had to work fast for when the sun hit the horizon it usually disappeared quickly covering the capital in darkness. She stretched out the colors, looking between the wall and the fading sun before tumbling off the crate her hand covered in orange paint as she landed. She carefully opened her sketch book with her clean hand before imprinting her hand down on the parchment. An idea sprung in her mind as the princess came running in.

"It's wet, be careful my princess.' Avalon told her as she admired the wall. 'its not done yet.' Avalon told her as a handmaiden lit candles around the room and prepared a bath for the princess.

'I think you need a bath Avalon.' Marcella told her laughing. Avalon looked down at her hand.

'I think you are right, my Princess.' Avalon agreed. 'I will just be a moment.' Avalon assured picking up her supplies wiping her orange hand on her rags as Marcella danced around happily. Her blonde hair a gorgeous color Avalon had never been able to replicate perfectly. That smile, that peaceful contentment, Avalon picked up her pencil, getting led orange to her touch but she did a rough outline, that smile. The way her eyes seemed to lift as well.

Avalon stayed up that night, Marcella's sweet face in her mind as she brought that smile to life. Her candles were down to nubs flickering in the night when she finished. Perfect children with perfect smiles, they were easy to draw she wanted to draw sandor... she turned back to her fire works. She flipped through the booklet finding one that she hoped could serve as an apology. She added color of the fire, rubbing it in, her fingers coated once again. She smiled down at it pulling it free from its bindings. It fluttered to the floor as she blew out the remaining candles.