27. Trouble

They shared the kings rode for a few days before Tyrion and Jon moved up north to the wall while the rest of the party moved south to the capital. It was another long ride and longer night as Avalon used the light of the fire to see her sketchbook.

Avalon sat by the fire. Tyrion was reading by the firelight but he kept glancing over at avalon he had been reading the same page over and over again not comprehending any of it for avalon was scribbling like a mad woman a small quirk to her lips her tongue peeking out of the corner of her mouth. Avalon was sat in between sandors legs leaning back into him as he snored lightly a hand draped around her hip as he slept.

'Avalon.' Tyrion called quietly and she glanced up. 'What are you drawing?' A mischievous grin crossed her face.

'Almost,' she said and tyrion nodded turning back to his book but her scribbles were distracting the way her hair cascaded over her face. Tyrion watched her. So content. Scribbling away. Then she smiled clutching it to her chest.

'Done?' Tyrion questioned

'It's a new style.' She warned, 'but I think this warranted some dramatics.' She laughed as she spoke.

'Alright,' Tyrion said moving closer she flipped it around and a smile curled up on tyrions lips as he saw what she had been so diligently working on.

'Here I thought you were doing more fire art.' Tyrion remarked happily.

'You like it?'

'I think if anyone else saw it you would be in trouble Avalon.' Tyrion purred.

'You like it.' Avalon told him

'I love it.' Tyrion corrected, 'I want it to be made into a mural as large as kings landing itself!' Tyrion told her and she flipped it back around smiling down at it. Sandor chuckled behind her pulling her close to him. She closed her notebook putting it safety in her cloak as she closed her eyes, Sandor's warmth radiating around her. 

'It is a great honor to be in the nights watch the starks have served it for thousands of years and you are a stark

'It is a great honor to be in the nights watch the starks have served it for thousands of years and you are a stark.' ned told Jon, 'you might not have my name but you have my blood.'

'Is my mother alive? Does she know about me? Where I am where I'm going? Does she care?' jon questioned hopelessly.

'Next time we see each other we will talk about your mother.' Ned promised before riding off.