18. Wolves

Avalon loved the wolves. They were gorgeous creatures. Elegant and dangerous. Beautiful and brave. Loyal.

'Jon?' Avalon asked and he put down his blade turning to her. 'Could i meet the wolves?' A smile curved upon his handsome face as he led her to the kennels. He introduced each of them along with who their master was.

Summer was Brans, summer came up to her nudging against her leg. Lady was sansas, shaggy dog was Rickons.

'You certainly are a shaggy dog.' Avalon teased as he licked at her hand.

'Grey wind is Robbs. Nymeria is Arya's.' Jon went on.

'Nymeria that pretty.' She made note in her sketchbook the markings on each of the wolves so she could identify them later.

'And this handsome fella is Ghost.' Jon told her proudly.

'Ghost.' Avalon repeated he sat in front of her staring up at her until jon nodded and ghost held out a paw for avalon. She shook his paw smiling down at Ghost. she crouched down before him. 'You are a handsome guy, just like your daddy.' Avalon said winking up at Jon before running her fingers through his fur he rested his chin on her bent leg before him nuzzling into her. 'He's precious.' Avalon said pressing a kiss to his nose.

Jon lit a torch in the kennel giving them some more light.

'Can i stay here?' Avalon questioned.

'Of course. You want to sketch the wolves?'

'I do.' Avalon agreed.

'I know you will do them justice.' Jon said sitting back on one of the barrels.

'You don't have to stay if you have better things to do.' Avalon told him settling in on the ground the dogs surrounded her.

'I would like to stay and watch you work. If that's okay?' Jon offered.

'You can't see until I'm done.' avalon warned.

'Alright,' Jon agreed leaning back against the kennel wall. He watched avalon intently as she worked. Jon looked up as the kennel doors opened and sandor came in. The dogs tensed on guard as jon rose up hesitantly. Sandor's eyes scanned the room seeing Avalon on the ground sketching away before his eyes moved back up to Jon.

'Avalon.' Sandor said gruffly coming up behind her. Jon took a protective step forward as Avalon didn't look up from her sketch only murmured a mmm in response. 'Back off boy.' Sandor grumbled.

'Ms Avalon.' Jon said as sandor put a hand down on her shoulder the wolves snarled and sandor pulled back his hand. Avalon finally looked up.

'Sit.' She commanded and the wolves sat she tipped her head back to sandor. 'Hi,' she said sweetly.

'This is where you've been?' He questioned. 'With the bastard and the dogs?'

'With Jon and the wolves.' Avalon corrected. 'It's okay Jon. Sandor is a friend.' Avalon told him.

'Best be off boy.' Sandor told him. Jon looked between the two not sure if she was lying or not.

'Jon honest, Sandor and I are very close.' Avalon assured.

'Very close,' Sandor confirmed. Sandor offered her a hand up but she turned back to her notes.

'Alright I'll be right outside,' Jon told her as he headed out. 'Shout if you need me.'

'She won't.' Sandor barked. 'Come on let's get out of here,' Sandor said offering her a hand again.

'Wolves.' she said simply

'Yeah I know. I grew up in the kennel, I know dogs Avalon.' Sandor reminded her

'I need to draw them.' Avalon told him. Sandor rolled his eyes sitting down behind her pulling her back into his lap.

'Fine.' He mumbled against her neck as hhs hands wrapped around her slipping under her dress. She pencil dropped as she sucked in a sharp breath.

'Sannn ohh,' she moaned her back arching as her head tipped back into him. He bit at her shoulder her neck as his finger pinched and pulled.

'We can't-' she rasped.

'Why not?' He whispered against her his other hand moving up clutching at her breast. One finger, then two. The wolves echoed her whimpers. A third finger her toes curled her knees rising, feet dragging slowly. Sandor heard the crunch of the snow getting closer and he begrudgingly removed himself from her. Avalon let out a miserable little whimper.

'So close,' she whispered leaning against him as he threw the hem of her dress back down to her feet. Wrapping his arms around her waist. 'Why did you stop?' She murmured.

'Everything okay?' Jon questioned. 'I heard the wolves whining'

'That's why,' sandor grumbled in her ear.

'Yeah I was just talking with the wolves Jon.' Avalon said her voice a bit shaky.

'Get boy.' Sandor barked at him. Summer rolled over before Avalon pawing at her own nose. Avalon reached a hand rubbing summers belly.

'I suppose this can wait.' Avalon said closing up her sketchbook as she rose to shaky legs. 'Night jon.' Avalon said as her and sandor walked past.

'Goodnight ms Avalon.' Jon's eyes followed her as she went. But sandor turned back a glare in his eyes when he caught jon watching Avalon. Quickly jon moved to the kennel extinguishing the torch but caught sight of the led avalon was using. He twiddled with it before deciding to give it to her tomorrow. He didn't want to feel the wrath of the hound.

 He didn't want to feel the wrath of the hound