9. Waves

'Well?' Avalon questioned and Marcella jumped up clapping.

'Its like I'm there!' Marcella exclaimed spinning in a circle her arms outstretched as Tommen came in.

'Cool.' He said coming up to them. 'Me next?' he questioned.

'Jungle coming to your room soon my little prince.' Avalon agreed. Joffrey and Cersei came in. sandor a few paces behind them as Avalon was cleaning up she curtseyed before them. 'Your grace.' Avalon said politely at cersei admired her work. Avalon's eyes drifted to sandor, he offered her a ghost of a smile on his lips.

'My lion is better.' Joffrey told Marcella but he liked the waves, they looked to real as though one could drown in them.

'Wonderfully done, Avalon. This place is going to absolutely exquisite by the time we are done with your skills.' Cersei told her. Sandor was impressed that everyone seemed to know her name. She was a servant. But she held the crowns respect, something few people got.

++++

'So how did you come to Westeros?' sandor questioned as Avalon lit the candles positioning herself directly in front of sandor her knees brushed up against his legs she sat so close but she was working on his eyes today. She flipped through to a blank page and sandor pulled the book from her. 'Eyes?' he questioned flipping through.

'Eyes are a window into the soul.' Avalon told him mysteriously.

'That's some Bravvos talk if I've ever heard it.' Sandor told her with a chuckle.

'I like eyes, they say a lot about a person.' He flipped through, they were just the eyes.

'You ever met a dragon?" he flipped over to a dragon eye.

'No, I'm just guessing.' She said pulling back her sketchbook.

'they are good. You are good.' Sandor told her as she found a clean parchment.

'Thank you.' Avalon said as she began, it was easy since sandor couldn't take his eyes off of her.

'So how did you get to westeros?' sandor asked again.

'I got on a ship, a pirate ship.' Avalon informed her and he rose a curious brow. Avalon liked that look she captured it in her mind as she kept going. 'They were coming here, thought there was some good gold here I suppose. I asked if I could tagalong and they agreed as long as I painted portraits of all the commanders and captains.' Avalon told him simply.

'So once you got here where did you go?' sandor questioned.

'Dorne. That's where I made a name for myself. I helped design the palace all the portraits, all of the detailing, the murals I spent a few years there.' Avalon said her hand reaching out for his face again, tilting his chin into the light.

'Sorry for you.' Sandor told her and she smiled over at him

'No, the people of Dorne are nice, they're kind they're princes was a little... Much,' a small laugh escaped her lips. 'But otherwise. Not all that different from here. They have prince Oberyn who had me painting nudes for him... of him and his mistress. That was something-' Sandor started laughing. 'I'm serious he did Tyrion asked if I would paint him nude many times actually.' Avalon went on.

'I saw him come into your room not too long ago. What did you show him?' Sandor questioned, knowing it was none of his damn business but needing to know anyways.

'He refused to sit still so i made this instead.' She showed him the baby lion looking into the reflection only to see a big lion painting.

'Ha!' Sandor laughed out.

'I've been meaning to give it marcella i think she will enjoy it.' Avalon liked his smile, she hadn't seen it before, she wondered if she could sketch his smile. 'From dorne i went to the stormlands, the kingswood, the reach. I love to see new people meeting new people, new places, new food, new cultures,' she handed over an old sketchbook she brought them with her everywhere she went every new place. Like a scrapbook of memories. 'I haven't been far north yet I'm hoping to see Winterfell one day I haven't seen the snow in ages and I miss it. I hear winterfell is beautiful.'