15. Best smiles

'Avalon, this is Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon.' Ned introduced. 'Avalon is the kings artist. She is going to be painting a family portrait.' Ned told his children.

'I'm Theon.' He said smugly, winking at her.

'My ward.' Ned told her. Ned's eyes drifted to Jon. 'And that if Jon Snow.' Ned said nodding to jon.

'Snow?' Avalon questioned.

'A bastard, my lady.' Jon told her.

'Just Avalon,' she informed him. 'I see the resemblance,' avalon noted, glancing at ned. But the resemblance was with Lyanna his sister more than Jon's own father. But she supposed that was to be suspected.

'Avalon is going to be observing, sketching, so when we pose together we wont have to sit for hours on end.' Ned told them. 'not that there is anything wrong with-'

'Sitting for portraits is a hassle, even for me. I assure you, my observing you now will be beneficial.' Avalon told them.

'so just go our days and offer you our best smiles?" Robb teased.

'that would make my job very easy.' Avalon told him. 'please do.'

The starks went about their business as everyone prepared for the feast, Avalon decided to start with jon. He was quite possibly the most handsome man in winterfell and she already his aunt in her head. She looked up at him training and back down to her sketch. Up and down, up and down, up and down and... he was gone.

'Jon!' Avalon reached for her book but he held it out of her reach.

'Avalon this is beautiful.' He told her

'It's not done.' she said grabbing it back from him.

'Why are you drawing me though?' jon pondered

'What do you mean? The king requested I do portraits of the whole stark family.' Avalon told him, she didn't like her work being seen before it was perfect.

'I'm a bastard.' jon reminded her

'But ned starks son. A stark. In your blood.' Avalon reminded him. 'Go on let me sketch, I don't tell you how to swing a sword you don't tell me what or who I get to recreate.' Avalon told him and his a nod he went back to swinging at a practice dummy.

'Aint he the bastard?' Sandor questioned coming up from behind her and Avalon damn near jumped out of her skin.

'Honestly, put a bell on all of you.' She said clutching her notebook to her chest.

'sorry,' sandor mumbled against her. 'But why you drawing him?'

'He is a stark. I'm drawing the starks. Goodness, both of you...' Avalon muttered glancing back over at jon and continuing.

'You think he's pretty.' Sandor told her, his lips brushing against his ear.

'He is pretty.' Avalon agreed.

'You. Are. Mine.' Sandor reminded her nipping at her neck.

'You are going to get me in trouble!' Avalon told him nudging him away.

'Don't fall for pretty boy,' sandor grumbled walking off.