30. Jaime and Cersei

'Thank the gods you were here stark' Jaime said sitting alone in the throne room, 'it's about time we had some stern northern leader ship'

'Glad to see you are protecting throne,' Ned said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice

'Sturdy old thing. How many kings houses have posted it I wonder...' Jaime looked him over a smug look on his face. 'I heard there was trouble on the kings road.'

'Very handsome armor' Ned noted 'not a scratch on it.'

'well people have been swinging at me for years but they always seem to miss.' Jaime informed him.

'You've chosen your opponents wisely then.' ned remarked

'I have a knack for it,' Jaime assured him, the men stared each other down, assessing the other. 'it must be strange for you coming into this room...' Jaime noted 'standing right here where it went down, you're very brave your father too, he didn't deserve to die like that. Nobody deserves to die like that-'

'You just stood there and watched' Ned remembered.

'500 men just stood there and watched' Jaime corrected 'all the great knights of the seven kingdoms and you think anyone said a word, lifted a finger? No one... 500 men and this room was silent as a crypt except for the screams of course. And the mad king laughing. And I watched the mad king die.' Jaime informed Ned. 'I remember him laughing as your father burned,' Jaime went on 'it felt like justice.'

'Is that what you tell yourself at night? You are a servant of justice, that you were avenging my father when you stabbed your sword in the Targaryen's back?'

'Tell me if I stab the mad king in the belly instead of the back would you like me more?' Jaime questioned with a smug grin.

'You served him well,' Ned told him 'when serving was safe.' Ned pushed past him, he had work to do.

'Ser Jaime?' Avalon questioned. Jaime smiled smugly back at her. she was no cersei but she was stunning, a unique face, big eyes but they always seemed to be focused on her art and not on the world around her, but somehow she saw everything, recreated everything.

"Avalon, what can I do for you gorgeous?" Jaime flirted until he saw Cersei walk in, her face pinched at his compliment. Avalon turned noted jaimes stare.

'Your grace.' Avalon curtseyed, perfectly before holding out the prints for them.

'Oh Avalon,' cersei ran her fingers over Jaimes face.

'You two are quite easily the easier to draw.' Avalon remarked.

"Are you calling me easy?' Jaime teased holding up Cersei's portrait to her face. 'Perfection.' Jaime said but cersei knew he was talking about her and not the picture. Avalon thought the same thing. She saw the way the siblings looked at each other.

'Perfect bone structure,' Avalon told them. 'symmetrical faces, eyes perfectly even, my only regret is I cannot get the right golden hair as yours,' Avalon told her.

'Hence the black and white.' Jaime remarked.

'Yes, one of these days I'm going to find the perfect hue, create the perfect mixture for you beautiful lions.' Avalon told them confidently.

'Well done.' Cersei said admiring her brother before looking back at the picture. Avalon curtseyed again before heading out.