33. Murder?

'Until tomorrow my Lord' Pysall said heading out after a small council meeting. Avalon handed petyr back his pin as she packed up, but her pages broke free of the binding. She slumped to the floor hidden behind the desk as she scooped up the pages.

'I've been meaning to talk to you about Lord Arryn.' Ned said bringing Pycelle to a halt.

'Lord Aaron? His death was a great sadness to all of us I took personal charge of his care but I could not save him. His sickness struck him very hard and very fast,' he noted 'I saw him in my chambers just the night before he passed.' Ned nodded thinking that through. 'Lord Jon often came to me for my council,' Pycelle told him

'Why?' Ned asked

'I have been grandmaster for many years. Kings and hands I've often come to me for advice.' Pycelle informed him.

'What did he want?' Ned pushed, Avalon glanced up over the desk, before ducking back down. She figured they thought themselves alone. She thought it best for them to continue thinking that she sat quietly collecting her things as the men talked.

'He came in inquiring after a book.'

'A book?' Ned questioned 'what book?'

'I fear it would be a little less interest to you my Lord it was just a tome.'

'No I would like to read it' ned assured him

'The images in history of the great houses of the seven kingdoms.' Pycelle said dropping a very large book in front of Ned 'with discretion of the high lords and the formal ladies.' Ned flipped open the latch unlocking the book flipping through the pages old and worn and weathered with age. Ned started reading about the umbers.

''As I said my Lord it is quite a ponderous read.' Pycelle told him.

'Did Jon say what he wanted with it?" Ned went on.

'He did not my Lord and I did not presume to ask'

'Jon's death...' Ned went on

'Such a tragedy.' Pycelle agreed.

'Did he say anything to you during his final hours?' Ned asked

'Nothing important my Lord... Well there was one phrase he kept repeating the seed is strong I think it was.' Pycelle informed him.

'The seed is strong?' Avalon questioned before slamming a hand over her mouth.

'The seed is strong? What does that mean?' Ned questioned, he looked the room hearing a whisper of a voice but he didn't see anyone.

'Dying minds, a demented mind for all awake the last words are usually as significant as the first words.' Pycelle assured him.

'And you are quite certain that he died of natural elements?' Ned went on, unconvinced.

'What else could it be?'

'Poison?' ned offered, poison? Avalon thought, who was killing off Hands?

'That's a disturbing thought no no I don't think it likely. The hand was loved by all.' Pycelle informed him

'Poison is a woman's weapon,' Ned reminded him, Avalon nodded in agreement from behind the desk. She wasn't the strongest, perhaps a paint brush to the eye would do the trick though.

'Yes women criminals in unics did you know that Lord Varys is a unic?' Pycelle pondered.

'Everybody knows that.' Ned told him

'Yes yes of course how that sort of person found himself on the kings Council I would never know.' Pycelle remarked.

'I thank you for your time.' Ned said closing up the book

'No trouble at all my Lord it is an honor.' Pycelle reached for the book but ned picked it up.

'Thank you I will find my own way out.' Ned said leaving with the book. Pycelle walked out after him and Avalon sat quiet a moment longer before peering up and finding herself alone. Poison? Mysterious deaths? Murder? Maybe she would leave sooner than expected, she didn't like drama, she liked to document the drama but murder? Avalon quickly made her way out only to stumble into sandor.

'You look like you were up to no good.' Sandor remarked.

'I was working.' She said stiffly.

'whats wrong?' Sandor questioned but Joffrey's voice boomed through the halls.

"HOUND!" he barked.

'Someone should call him dog with how much he barks orders at people.' Avalon whispered as sandor pressed a kiss to her lips before begrudgingly walking off after the prince.