17 Lyanna

'Pardon me,' Ned said trying to get around Jaime at the feast.

'I hear we might be neighbors soon' Jaime said blocking his way. 'I hope it's true'

'Yes the king has honored me with the offer' Ned said still trying to get around him.

'I'm sure we'll have a tournament to celebrate your new title if you accept. It would be good to have you in the field the competition has been stale,' Jaime told him

'I don't fight in tournaments' Ned informed him

'No? Getting a little old for it?' Jaime teased

'I don't fight in tournaments when I fight a man for real, I don't want him to know what I can do.' Ned told him

'Well said.' Jaime told him grinning.

'Excuse me,' ned said again walking off. He needed a bit of fresh air, the lannisters were suffocating him. Catelyn wanted to make a good impression, sansa was smitten with the prince but he needed a breath of fresh air. He let out a huff of a breath, a wisp of white escaped his lips from the cold when he saw Avalon, her cloak pulled around her but her hands working diligently. He came up to her peering down at the sketch, it was Lyanna.

'how did you-' Avalon jumped. When she was in the zone, she was in the zone. She didn't hear or see anything except her work. 'Sorry,' Ned said immediately taking a step back. Jon approached as Avalon swallowed the lump in her throat, her sketchbook lay on her lap. 'may i?' ned questioned and Avalon nodded slowly.

'Is that aunt Lyanna?' jon questioned. Ned nodded, tears in his eyes.

'I'm sorry,' Avalon said reaching for her sketchbook but ned clutched it tight. 'I can make a different one, it just what I saw when I looked at her... I'm so sorry.' Avalon said. 'I will make-'

'its beautiful.' Ned told her sadly. 'May I?' Ned questioned and Avalon nodded pulling it back from him and tearing it away from the binding. He rolled it gently sticking it in his cloak. 'if that is any indication of how good you are of a statue, I cant wait to see what you can do with living breathing people.' Ned told her. 'thank you.'

Avalon watched him go, a sadness in his step.