13. Fucking fire

'What is it?'

'A mountain lion?' Theon suggested.

'There are no mountain lions in these woods.' Ned told them they walked around the dead moose cautiously looking for the creature that killed it before they stumbled across a wolf, a dire wolf and a pack of puppies.

'It's a freak.' Theon exclaimed.

'It's a dire wolf.' Ned corrected. 'Tough old beast.' he pulled the antler free of its chest attacking the moose, an antler must have gotten stuck, killed the dire wolf.

'There are no dire wolves south of the wall.' Robb remarked

'Now there are five.' Jon said picking one up 'you want to hold it?' jon passed one off to Bran

'Then where will they go?' Bran questioned 'their mother is dead...' he held the puppy in his arms

'They don't belong down here better quick death.' Ned suggested 'They won't last without their mother.' Ned told Bran.

'All right give it here.' Theon said trying to pull the pup away from Bran but he cried out.

'No!' Bran screamed

'Put away your blade.' robb demanded

'I take orders from your father not you.' Theon reminded him

'Please father,' Bran begged

'I'm sorry Bran,' ned told him

'Lord Stark?' Jon said 'there are five pups one for each of the stark children, they are your house sigil, you were meant to have them.' Jon reasoned. Theon still held the blade to the pup still waiting for command.

'You will train them yourself you will feed them yourselves and if they die... you will bury them yourselves.' ned agreed and Theon handed Bran back the puppy back, as Jon picked up the other ones handing them off to Robb and Theon

'what about you?' Bran questioned

'I'm not a stark.' Jon answered as the puppy snuggled into Bran. They were leaving when they heard the wrestling's of another puppy Jon pulled it free it was all white

'The runt of the litter.' Theon said 'that one's yours snow.'

++++++++

'Stop drawing the fucking fire.' Sandor grumbled pulling Avalon into him.

'Its beautiful,' she told him leaning into him. 'I know its also awful and dangerous but look.' She showed him her drawing.

'its alright.' He agreed. 'but fire? Pick a new obsession.' Sandor begged.

'The starks.' Avalon reminded him.

'what about them?'

'once we get there I am to do portraits of them all, as an incentive for the king' Avalon reminded him. 'but in the meantime-'

'Anything but fire love.' Sandor begged leaving wet, rough kisses on her neck.

The queen was right, two weeks in and Avalon had filled a booklet, from pictures of the princes and princess to the horses, the trees, the fire. Sandor. She liked sketching him. She didn't have to stare endless at him anymore, but she did anyways. She had his face memorized, she had all of him memorized. She dropped her booklet, trapping her pencil in the pages as she lay sandor back, his hands wrapped around her ass as she stared down at him before her lips collided with his.