23. Fall

Screams rang out in the courtyard as Catelyn fell before Brans limp body, Avalon stared up at the window he fell from, Rickon came running up barreling into her. when Rickon saw his brothers limp broken body on the ground he held tight to Avalon's leg as Catelyn sobbed over Bran.

The day bran fell the wolves all howled. They circled Bran crying out for their master and friend. Their howls echoed as Catelyn came dropping before her son sobbing cradling him to her.

 Their howls echoed as Catelyn came dropping before her son sobbing cradling him to her

Avalon painted brans wall. When he woke up he was going to be spending a lot of time in bed she assumed since the use of his legs was unlikely. She requested permission form ned and Catelyn, Catelyn was a mess but ned agreed. It would bring some life into the place.

It reminded Avalon of summer. She watched as summer protected bran as he lay unconscious. Glancing back at the wolf and her master. Days passed in silence as Catelyn sobbed and the maester fussed over Bran. Avalon painted quietly, Catelyn found little peace in it, watching her stroke the brush against the wall.

Avalon sat silently for hours, glancing back at summer and Bran before turning back to the wall, cleaning brushes, blending colors.

It had been four long and painful days for the stark family. All in a right tizzy over Bran and rightfully so. Meanwhile the royal family didn't seem to care. Robert was growing bored, he had a kingdom to pretend to run after all, cersei came in telling Catelyn that she prayed the Gods took Bran quickly, Avalon dropped her brush it clattered to her lap, smearing across her pants.

Avalon couldn't believe the audacity of Cersei. She had always been kind enough to Avalon but she had been around lords and ladies, princes and princesses, kings and queens alike since she landed in westeros she knew what to do and say or not to say to stay on their good side and invisible.

But cersei was a mother herself. Avalon knew how much Cersei loved her children. Much more than her own husband it seemed but still Cersei had the audacity to wish a quick death upon Catelyn's son. Catelyn sobbed harder once Cersei left. If someone said that to cersei, if her child was hurt of injured, she would demand their heads. Blood would be spilled. Here Bran lay, he looked like peaceful and cersei wished death upon him in her kindness voice possible.

'Lady stark?' Avalon questioned as Catelyn sobbed, tears flowing down her face. 'I pray Bran wakes, that he has a long and beautiful life ahead of him. Don't listen to the Queen. If this was her son she was be a mess. Have faith, your boy is strong.' Avalon told her and Catelyn nodded holding tight to Bran's hand as Avalon moved back to the wall.