26. Joffrey

'Mother was looking for you. We ride for Kings Landing today.' Joffrey told Tyrion, sandor told a dutiful servant behind Joffrey.

'Before you go you will call upon the Lord and Lady Stark and offer them your deepest sympathies' Tyrion told him

'What good are my sympathies?' Joffrey sneered.

'None but it is expected of you, your absences already been noted.' Tyrion told him.

'The boy means nothing to me and I can't stand the wailing of women-' tyrion slapped him across the face. Avalon heard the whine of a boy coming from the stables she moved quickly only to see Tyrion slapping Joffrey in the face her jaw dropped she wanted to capture the moment but she couldn't look away as the scene unfolded before her.

'One word and I hit you again' Tyrion threatened.

'I'm telling mother!' so Tyrion hit him again

'Go. Tell her, but first you will go to lady and lord stark fall upon your knees in front of them and tell them you are very sorry that you are at their service and all your prayers are with them. Do you understand?' Tyrion instructed.

'You can't!' Joffrey cried out and Tyrion slapped him again

'Do you understand?' Joffrey stormed off.

'the prince will remember that little lord,' sandor told him.

'I hope so.' Tyrion told him 'if he forgets be a good dog and remind him.' Tyrion turned to Avalon, 'Avalon,' he coed happily, 'enjoy the show?' he teased. Avalon just smiled as sandor pressed a kiss to her head Sandor watched Avalon go, that sexy smile on her lips.

'I don't know how you managed to snag such a pretty thing Clegane. Look at her... then look at you... I just don't understand.'

++++++

'I came to say goodbye to Bran.' Jon said coming in, seeing Catelyn crying over Bran. She barely left his side.

'You've said it.' Catelyn said annoyed as Jon approached the bed

'I wish I could be here when you wake up.' he told a sleeping bran 'I'm going north with uncle Benjen I'm taking the black...' Catelyn looked up to him with teary eyes not for Jon but for her son. Jon knelt before Bran, 'I know we always talked about seeing the wall together but you will be able to come and visit me at Castle Black when you're better I'll know my way around by then I will be a sworn brother of the nights watch. We can go out walking beyond the wall if you're not afraid.' Jon added.

'I want you to leave.' Catelyn said through clenched teeth they both looked at the door to see Ned. Jon got up and pressed a kiss to Brans forehead before heading out Ned close the door behind Jon. Ned approached his wife taking slow steps before sitting down next to her.

'17 years ago you rode off with Robert Baratheon, you came back a year later with another woman's son and now you're leaving again!' cat told him exasperatedly.

'I have no choice.' Ned told her

'That's what they always say, all our goals but that's what you tell your family, tell your son... you do have a choice.' cat told him 'and you've made it.'

'Cat-' he said reaching her but she pushed him away

'I can't do it.' she told him 'I really can't'

'You can, you must.' he told her before heading out himself.

'Excuse me, lady stark?' Avalon said peering in.

"No now.' Catelyn said miserably.

"I just...' Avalon stepped forward putting the drawing she had done of Bran down at the edge of the bed. he had a big smile on his face as he ran through the snow, Summer his direwolf following after him. Catelyn looked up to her, tears in her eyes. 'I'm so sorry this happened to him.' Avalon told her and Catelyn rose quickly hugging Avalon tight sobbing into her.

'thank you.' Catelyn sobbed.

'my prayers will be with you and him.' Avalon told her.

'Thank you.'

+++++++

'You said goodbye to Bran?' robb questioned coming up to Jon, they were headed out, Robb was to be the new lord of winterfell in his fathers absence. 'He's not going to die I know it.' Robb told him

'You starks are hard to kill.' Jon remarked

'My mother?'

'She was very kind.' Jon lied.

'I'm sure she was... Next time I see you you'll be all in black.' Robb remarked as Jon saddled his horse

'It was always my color.' Jon added.

'Farewell snow.'

'And you Stark.' they shared a warm embrace before Robb headed off.