#1 , can i call you tonight ?

@mangabookstore ꒰1꒱

@mangabookstore ꒰1꒱

basked in the sun's beams as a chilling air swept over everyone's bodies on the busy, crowded street

basked in the sun's beams as a chilling air swept over everyone's bodies on the busy, crowded street. for you, it was just another typical weekend.

the first thing you did once you ventured beyond your home. you promptly darted into a book shop as another volume of your most loved manga had been released.

searching for the 'pumpkin night' volume you intended to read, your e/c eyes scanned the numerous mangas on the bookshelves. your eyes brightened up as soon as they rested on a book you had been looking for a while.

similarly, as you planned to snatch it, one more hand reached out to grab it as you captured a gaze of a boy close to you who has a similar response as you. paralyzed and confounded.

your mouth dropped open at this since you didn't anticipate running across someone who had evidently read the manga; at the time, you had the impression that no one else had ever read it.

he instantly withdrew his hand, gathering his composure, and said, "i'm sorry, you may have it." he then turned away, hoping to get out of this uncomfortable position.

you instantly responded, causing him to stop in his steps as he turned to look back at you, "wait, it's alright! you can take it, i'll just try to get it online."

his red-orange eyes gazing through your e/c eyes. the boy thought briefly, "if you say so." he answered at last. he was going to snatch it from you when you pulled the book back suddenly.

grabbing a sticky note from an aisle, writing down your number, and saying, "hang on." the male in front of you gazed at you, puzzled, as you slapped the note on the book, then handed it to him.

you flashed him a beautiful grin and said, "enjoy reading!" but the boy didn't smile back.

instead, he looked at the manga he was holding and a sticky note on it that had your phone number written down. before he could say anything else, you were already gone.

with his eyes still fixed on the numbers on the note and his mind still reeling from the girl's abrupt vanishing, cyno stayed where he was. till a familiar voice calling for him interrupted his train of thought.

tighnari shouted, after noting the intent look on cyno's face until he had called for him, "cyno! there you are, i finally got the book i was looking for so we could get starbucks after."

the grey-headed boy simply nodded in agreement before snatching the sticky note from the book and stuffing it into his pocket, saying, "sure."

tighnari spotted his friend glancing around as the two made their way to the front desk as if he were looking for someone or something.

when he saw this, he raised an eyebrow and inquired, "what's wrong?"

cyno shifted his attention back to what was in front of him as the two of them set their books down on the counter, shaking his head and answering, "nothing, i just met someone who reads this manga." referring to the book he had bought.

tighnari's interest was evidently piqued by the response since he formed a playful smile toward his lips as cyno uneasily returned his gaze.

"what?"

"was it the girl that left the aisle you were in?"

while tighnari was retrieving the paper bag with the books they had just bought, the boy with the red-orange eyes instantly cast his eyes in his direction. cyno then followed his friend out of the bookstore, "yeah so?" he asked.

"you're clearly interested in her." he brought up, a little laugh leaving his lips when cyno frowned at him from the crazy assumption.

"no way," cyno replied, "i don't have time to be interested in anyone."

tighnari continued to smile at him teasingly, "whatever you say, cyno." despite the fact that he obviously wasn't convinced.

" despite the fact that he obviously wasn't convinced

chapter written : july 30 2022