#12 , strawberries & cigarettes

@old friend ꒰12꒱

@old friend ꒰12꒱

chatter could be heard inside the school cafe as the fragrance of coffee permeated the space. students were either chatting with their classmates or doing their assignments quietly while enjoying desserts with them.

and the last mentioned is y/n and albedo being one of them. both sat over from each other with coffee being set on the table and their reading material is strewn around.

nevertheless, while albedo was concentrating on working on his scientific studies, you were scribbling something in your notebook instead of studying.

even though you occasionally were a chatterbox and had a socializing battery to sustain, that battery had already run out, the comfortable silence between the two of you made his company wonderful.

you were delighted when albedo asked to study with you in the university cafe, a popular place for students to complete their assignments.

returning to the two of you, you took a glance over at albedo and couldn't help but smile at the expression on his face, or what we refer to as his "focused" face.

after briefly returning to your cat drawing, you whirled around to face albedo and stated, "hey albedo! guess what i drew!"

he finally fixed his gaze on you and then on your drawing after a brief second. he narrowed his eyes at this and guessed, "a dog?" but was so perplexed by what he sketched that his response became a question.

"what, no. it's obviously a cat.." the e/c-eyed girl frowned at this, were her drawing skills that bad? yes.

this made albedo chuckle because he knew the girl grew tired of studying and preferred to doodle in her free time. because of this, he decided to join her.

he suggested, taking the notebook from her hands to add the detail he had stated, "if you could've put whiskers, then it'll look like a cat."

as if she were a young child who had just learned something wonderful, y/n's eyes already shone as she carefully observed albedo drawing whiskers on the alleged "cat."

in middle school, the pair made a really special duo since they excelled in all areas—academics, abilities, and more. due to their knowledge of sparring with one another, everyone would anticipate that the two of them would be rivals.

to their surprise, it is not the case. despite being complete opposites, their personalities clashed and they eventually became friends. with one of the highest average entrance exam results, they were able to fulfill a shared aspiration of attending teyvat university.